Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 1, 2013

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, all!

I woke up this morning quite convinced that it was Saturday only to come to the harsh realization that it was *only* Friday -- and top of that, snowing!

Given the fact that last year in March we were hitting temps in the upper 70's and even some 80's and the trees were already starting to bud, it was a rather depressing thought.

Can you tell I've got spring fever? :)

But I was reminded of the verse in Psalms, "This is the day that The Lord has made, I will REJOICE and BE GLAD in it!"

So, here's to rejoicing and being glad over whatever circumstances come my way today!

And now, a here's a list of a few of my current favorite things right now, to give you a little pick-me-up!







Favorite Indulgence: Ghiradelli Dark and Sea Salt Caramel Squares. YOU GUYS. I know I mentioned these in my post on Monday, but seriously. If you are a fan of the chocolate/salted caramel flavor you HAVE to try these! They are the bomb diggity.


Favorite Project to Try: Cut an inexpensive Target duvet cover in half to make two fully lined curtains. Seriously, how genius is that? And how awesome are those curtains? I kinda want to go check out the duvet covers at Target right now to see what they've got!















Favorite Kitchen Tip: How to Peel an Entire Head of Garlic in Less than Thirty Seconds. Seriously. I can't tell you how many years of my life I have wasted trying to pick tiny pieces of garlic skin off of the cloves. Not any more! You won't believe how easy this is.

Favorite Dying to Try Dessert: Key Lime Pie with Sky-High Meringue. This just looks like summer to me. It'd be the perfect complement to a fabulous grilled meal. Mmmmm....won't be too much longer now!


Favorite Reminder: {can't find the original website on this one}


Source: tumblr.com via Amy on Pinterest


Favorite Transitional Outfit: This would be great to wear in the spring when temperatures can start cool and end warm. Love the pop of orange with the cuffed jeans and leopard flats! Thinking I need to invest in a pair of those this spring!

Source: fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net via Amy on Pinterest 

That's all for today! Think warm thoughts and remember, "in like a lion, out like a lamb." Right????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok, you keep bending my arm...I will go buy some of that chocolate to try. :)

Also I love that Target Duvet idea--if only I could sew.

Lisa said...

A friend made Key Lime Mousse Pie for Bunco this week. It was amazing. Lime desserts are my fav.

And I was thinking of you this week. Finally made my way down to Aldi to give it a try. Oh my word. My first trip was super -- SOOO impressed with the produce quality and price! And it was kind of relaxing to go into such a simple store and not be tempted to buy random junk I don't need. I'll be returning for sure!

 
Images by Freepik