What a simple little cut ‘n style can do for a “Blah” mood?
{FYI: I am not good at taking “self portraits”. I think this was Take #579, or somewhere thereabouts}
My regular “hair girl” recently had a baby so I’ve been in the market for someone new. And, as it happens, an old acquaintance of mine cuts hair from her home. This was my first visit and I am TOTALLY, 100% SOLD. She did an awesome job. I can’t tell you how many times I have tried to achieve the “soft, tousled, naturally-wavy-yet-still beautiful-without-being-frizzy-or-super-crusty-with-hair-gel” look on my own but I have never EVER gotten it to look like this.
And it took her all of FIVE MINUTES to style it this way. No lie. What’s even crazier? She did it with straightening iron – not a curling iron!
Danielle, I bow down and kiss your feet.
I’m going to do my best to replicate it at home but chances are, it won’t look this good again until the next time I go in for a trim. So I’d better make the most of it today.
The sun is shining…
…my hair is done…
…I think it’s time for me to paint my toenails and go out on the town! Who wants to come with? :)

14 comments:
ALRIGHT, 1st off, wowza! Love it!
2nd, Danielle.....that is amazing. I want you to do that to my hair, maybe a guest post on Amy's blog, eh? And probably totally worth the drive to DM, too...I have been trying to get my hair to do something like that. Literally almost took a pic of a girl at the Cheesecake factory the other night because I was like "I want her hair".....
So do you know how to duplicate this?!? That's always my problem when I leave the salon....never happens again.
Too too cute! Makes me think it's not the end of the world to grow my hair out... but only if I could make it look like that! LOVE it!
LOVE your hair!!! I so want to know how she did it!!! You are so beautiful!
Very cute.
Gorgeous! There's NOTHING blah about you :)
And I'm bowing at Danielle's feet too -- I'm beyond clueless when it comes to styling hair. Completely. She did a goooood job.
With a straightening iron?? That is too cool. You are so beautiful! Really, you have such a sweetness to your face. LOVE it.
Cute hair! I need to learn how to do that...
It only took 5 minutes to get your hair to look like THAT?
It's adorably amazing!!
Hope you enjoy the sunshine today too!
I bet your husband was one happy man! :) You look beautiful! Happy Sunshiney Day!
You look lovely! Hope you enjoyed your night out!
There's an award for you here:
http://benmakesten.blogspot.com/2010/02/thanks-for-this-award-erin.html
ENJOY!
She is the only one I let touch my hair! Looks cute, glad you found her. :-)
you are so beautiful! love your hair and can't believe she was able to do that with a flat iron! wow
Lovely. Absolutely lovely.
Too cute! Makes me wish I could have curls. :)
Post a Comment