Monday, Monday...
I'm never sure how it happens but somehow by Monday morning the house I so painstakingly cleaned the week before looks like scenes from the aftermath of a tornado...anyone else??
I'm usually work work working like crazy all morning on my cleaning list until naptime (which is now) and then the second I sit down, I feel like taking a nap....anyone else??
Anyway...nothing of great importance for me to talk about today, just randomness.
I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day and it looked so simple and so fresh and so healthy I knew I had to try it so that's what was for lunch today.

My food pictures could be better but whatev-ah. I'm no foodie blogger just a blogger who loves food ;)
Anyway, the salad was amazing. The recipe makes 4 servings but it's not really something you can make ahead so I chopped up all the extra ingredients and put them in separate baggies. Probably going to eat it for lunch every day this week, that's how fantastic it was!
In similar news, another Pinterest recipe I made the other night was a HUGE hit with the girls. Huge.

This picture really does not do it justice. Honest! It was so yummy. And quick. And it uses fresh spinach! In my book, any recipe that can get my girls to gobble up spinach is a keeper. Next time I'm going to add sun dried tomatoes. Just because I love them.

Because Iced Caramel Latte's are my summertime Starbucks obsession. I haven't tried it yet so I can't tell you whether or not it's as good as from a coffee shop, but it was only $4 for 64 oz. And considering the Starbucks version is $5 for 16 oz, if it's even half as tasty, that'll be good enough for me :)
I also found this recipe online for a DIY version:




5 comments:
I'm interested in the recipe that your girls liked so much...
YES on the cleaning! When I was a working mom, I was under the misconception that my house would be cleaner if I stayed home (because I'd have more time at home to clean). I forgot to consider that we'd be home all the time making big messes!
We all trash our house on the weekends. Super bad. And that salad looks divine, I'm gonna have to try it! :)
I've bought International Delight Iced Coffee in a carmel flavor....I think it was Carmel Macchiato. That flavor might be even closer to your favorite Starbucks drink!
Pioneer Woman has a great recipe for making your own iced coffee, and it's so easy! Here's the link: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/.
Post a Comment