Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 9, 2009

An Algabraic Equation

Well, I’m officially on my second week of being a stay at home mommy! I’ve already learned some things – the main one being that….the computer is my number one distraction. I am sure this comes as no shock to you all, given the excessive amount of posting I did on my blog last week (and that is not to mention time frittered away on Facebook :) – but…I’m a slow learner.

THIS WEEK, I’m going to learn from my mistakes. I’ve devised a little checklist of questions to ask myself BEFORE I turn the computer on:

  1. Have you spent time with God today? (Check)
  2. Have you packed Dave’s lunch and gave him a hug and a kiss before he left for work? (Check, check)
  3. Have you cuddled, played with, fed, and diapered Lily before her morning nap? (Check, check, check)
  4. Is your house reasonably clean with the exception of whatever the day’s project(s) might be? (DRAT!!!!!)

I’m afraid that the cleanliness of my house is inversely proportionate to the amount of time spent on the computer…unfortunately right now that proportion looks like this: AMOUNT OF TIME ON COMPUTER > cleanliness of house. (Who says algebra is not applicable in everyday life? I knew those classes would pay off! :)

So my friends, I’m shutting off the computer and you will not see me on here until things are more in order.

Don’t cry. It’s for the best. When I come back I will have LOADS more random thoughts (some might call it mindless drivel, you pick :) to unleash on you (yeah, I just know you are gonna be on the edge of your seats!)

Happy Monday!

P.S. Regarding the title of this post -- no I don't know for certain that "algabraic" is an actual word but I am using it anyway because...well, because I can. Using made-up words is part of my "strategery". OK, I'M SHUTTING OFF THE COMPUTER NOW!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Algebraic, I beleive, is a word...so, 1 point for you! :) BTW, I can TOTALLY relate w/ the cleanliness of house vs. time spent on computer thing. Totally. I'm guilty as charged. Right. Now.

Tiffany said...

Just love ya sister! You make me laugh! I will MISS your posts...so get the house cleaned up would ya? PS...Tony and I drove by your new digs on Sunday after church...I'm SO excited for you guys!

 
Images by Freepik