Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 16, 2011

Christmas Tour of Homes!

Happy, happy Friday!

Today I’m linking up with several Christmas blog tours to give you a peek at what our house looks like all decked out for the holidays!

I’m still loving the bronze/gold colors that I’ve been using upstairs for the past couple of years.

December 2011 017

I absolutely love these old ice skates that I got from a junk sale this fall. I love how scuffed they are – you can tell somebody got a lot of use out of them!

December 2011 018

The crates are also junk sale finds – I love them!

December 2011 019

Last year I had used tulle for a tree skirt but since I made the new ruffled tree skirt this year, I decided to wrap the tulle around the tree instead. I think it looks really pretty!

December 2011 021

Don’t you just love the mantle with that one lonely stocking hanging there? Smile

December 2011 022

This slate was yet another junk sale find! I just love pieces that have history! Anyone else think of Anne of Green Gables smashing her slate on Gilbert’s head? Smile

December 2011 025

Dave bought me the Willow Tree Nativity last year – someday I hope to collect all the pieces!

December 2011 029

Here are the fun ornament window clings that the girls love to play with on our always dirty glass door Smile

December 2011 033

And here’s our dining room table.

(Thank you, Captain Obvious.)

December 2011 036

I found that candle centerpiece at Kohl’s on clearance last year – I think I paid $2.90 for it? It goes perfectly!

December 2011 037

I never quite know what to do with all our Christmas cards and I’m too cheap to buy a card holder so I just strung them along our staircase with some twine.

December 2011 040

In the basement, we have our “fun tree”. If you ask Lily which tree is her favorite she will say without hesitation that it is this one because of the colored lights. I remember feeling the same way when I was a little girl! I couldn’t imagine why anyone would want to put boring white lights on their tree or outside their house!

December 2011 043

I used all the fun red decorations in our basement bath. They just didn’t seem to fit with the way I had things decorated upstairs!

December 2011 044December 2011 045December 2011 046

And just for fun, let’s look at the differences in our living room over the past three years:

2009

Christmas Tree 004

In the process of building our fireplace!

2010

December 2010 003

Fairly similar to this year, but a few small changes.

2011

December 2011 017

Always good to be reminded that making your house a home is a PROCESS, definitely not something that happens overnight!

So that’s our Christmas home. Hope you enjoyed!

*************

This post is linked to:

image

image

Show us Your Life – Christmas Tour @ Kelly’s Korner

6 comments:

Becky said...

That's it. Next year I'm hiring you to come up here and do my house!!
Love you :)

Kelly said...

I love your decorations and your fireplace is amazing!!

Emily said...

Your decorations are beautiful! Love those crates!

Amber said...

Hi Amy! My first time stopping by! I have a love for old wooden crates! The skates and the lantern look great paired with the crates! Your house looks festive and lovely. Have a blessed Christmas!

Miss Charming said...

I enjoyed your tree evolution and all your great vintage items.

Cassie Bustamante said...

wow- your tree and mantle are just beautiful!!!

 
Images by Freepik