Why I Said “I Do”
All the Big and Little Reasons I Love My Husband
- He didn’t mind that I was giggly and sometimes a teensy bit flighty in college (ok, and sometimes now too :)
- I have never felt like I had be someone else to impress him.
- He pursued me, and didn’t give up.
- He kills all the bugs in our house, especially the spiders.
- He’s teaching me not to sweat the small stuff.
- He plunges all the toilets (and doesn’t mention it to me when I “forget”)
- He is a godly man who is giving our family the kind of leadership we need.
- He can be more stubborn than me (and that my friends, is quite the feat :)
- He is ok with ordering pizza some nights.
- He reminds me to laugh at myself.
- He makes better chocolate chip cookies than I do.
- He knows he’s not perfect and doesn’t pretend to be.
- He’s funny.
- He has cute dimples (yep, he’s gonna kill me for putting that one on here ;)
- He gets along with my family and thinks they’re funny (even though all of us are a little crazy ;)
- He is level headed, and the Lord knew I needed that.
- He wants a big dog.
- He took me on my first trip to the ocean.
- He likes to play sports and be active.
- He is PATIENT, even when it’s hard (like the time we tried to play tennis together. I am not good.)
- He likes to try new things and makes me get out of my comfort zone.
- He wants 5 kids, just like me.
- He introduced me to seafood, and now I love it!
- He is smarter than I am, but he doesn’t rub it in.
- I still feel as giddy about him as I did on our honeymoon.
- He says he enjoys my blog, even though we both know he is way more qualified to be a writer than I am :)
- He makes up silly songs and sings them to Lily.
- He’s not afraid to show affection.
- He listens before he forms opinions and thinks before he speaks (I’m taking notes from him :)
- He likes my “strong will” (well, most of the time…)
- He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first love, my first everything!
This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins (I John 4:10)



No comments:
Post a Comment