Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 11, 2009

Here Comes the Son!

It's freezing here again, but I'm so glad to see the sun today! The past two days I have had a complete lack of motivation to get things done. Silly, I know because the best days to be inside and getting things done are when the weather is dreary outside. But the sun motivates me to be clean.

Honestly, as I looked around last night, I thought despite still having some "moving" clutter, the house looked pretty clean...enter the sunlight. It is illuminating all sorts of things -- fingerprints on the TV, dirt on the hardwood floors, dust...everywhere. I can see now that things are nowhere near as clean as I thought they were.

Sort of reminds me of the other Son...until He entered my life, things looked pretty clean. Not perfect mind you, but not a pigpen or anything...so I thought. Turns out, I wasn't as "clean" as I thought I was -- I was downright filthy, but I was looking at myself in the dim light of night. The brilliant perfection of the Son of God makes me look like Pigpen from Charlie Brown, trailing a cloud of dust around me everywhere I go.

I'm so thankful for the Son because He not only illuminates my sin, He also cleans it. My house is not going to clean itself -- but my life has been washed clean for me, the work has been done. I couldn't even begin to clean up the mess I've made on my own. I'm praising God for Jesus' perfect life, and His death that paid the penalty for my sin!

Have mercy on me, O God,
because of your unfailing love.
Because of your great compassion,
blot out the stain of my sins.
Wash me clean from my guilt.
Purify me from my sin.
For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night.
Against you, and you alone, have I sinned;
I have done what is evil in your sight.
You will be proved right in what you say,
and your judgment against me is just.
For I was born a sinner— yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.
But you desire honesty from the womb,
teaching me wisdom even there.
Purify me from my sins,
and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me— now let me rejoice.
Don’t keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt.
Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence,
and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.
Then I will teach your ways to rebels,
and they will return to you.
Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves;
then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness.
Unseal my lips, O Lord, that my mouth may praise you.
You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one.
You do not want a burnt offering.
The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.
Psalm 51:1-17

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik