Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

May 26, 2009

Weekend Update: Memorial Day

We had a nice long weekend -- busy again, but fun!

Saturday started with Dave's final church league basketball game (they lost), followed by my cousin Jonna's graduation open house. Then we did a little furniture shopping -- mostly we walked around the store trying to avoid the overzealous and oppressingly "helpful" salespeople at Homemaker's, and didn't really find what we were looking for.

It's really too bad we weren't in the market for the "armless" chair, because they are everywhere. Whose genius idea was that? I mean, between you and me, I happen to like having somewhere to put my arms when I'm sitting down. What do you do with your arms when there are no arms on the chair? Dangle them over the side? Place them awkwardly on your lap? No thank you. But I digress...

Sunday afternoon we invited my parents and brother Chad over for dinner. Even though we live in the same town, we really don't see them as often as you might think, so it was nice to sit and chat with them for awhile. Lily and ChadSnuggling with daddyIsn't this the sweetest little dress? It was on clearance at Wal-Mart! Ralph Lauren has a version of the same dress -- you don't even want to know how much that would've cost! And I don't think it would have looked any cuter than this one!Look what predicament Lily found herself in after her afternoon nap! Surprisingly, she wasn't crying at all...that is until mommy started taking pictures instead of getting her unstuck :)She didn't learn after the first time either...look what Dave came upstairs to find on Memorial Day! Silly girl! I'm so glad Dave took this picture! I hardly ever take pictures of Lily and I! She doesn't have the best face here, but I'll take it! :)


We ended the long weekend with Dave's brother Trey and his wife Janae. We grilled steaks and just relaxed. They are moving to Michigan at the end of this week, and we're really going to miss having them around!

All in all, a good weekend...although we felt like we needed to rest afterwards!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

This Heavenly Life said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I had to leave a comment about how beautiful your daughter is! Such a sweetie. And I love your blog name, too! Sorry for such a random comment...I just couldn't help myself!

 
Images by Freepik