We spent this past weekend enjoying the great outdoors and celebrating Father's Day.
Yes, Father's Day. I know. We are a week behind. I just felt bad that Dave spent his first Father's Day driving 500 miles in a car with a slightly cranky 9 month old and travel weary wife.
So we had our own celebration on Saturday.
Lily getting ready to give Dad his card and gift -- a meat thermometer for the grill.
I got this recipe for oatmeal pancakes with strawberry topping from my friend Jenn. Only I replaced the strawberry topping with chocolate chips. We are all about health food here at our house.
Breakfast in bed! Happy Father's Day!
The weather finally turned the corner and went from unseasonably hot and oppressively humid to gorgeously beautiful -- just in time for our church's annual outdoor service Sunday morning. Lily got to wear her new dress from Grandma P. and I since I wasn't sure we'd get a spot in the shade, I made her wear a hat.
She did not want that hat on, oh no she did not!
Sunday afternoon we just spent a lazy day enjoying the weather -- Dave made some grilled chicken and we had ourselves a little picnic on our back lawn.
Later that evening we got some ice cream from a local ice cream shop. There are not words to express the deliciousness that is a chocolate malt made with Double Dark Chocolate ice cream. Perfect ending to the weekend!
You may have noticed I made some changes to my blog design this weekend as well...I'm not sure if they're permanent or not I just like playing around with free templates :) Let me know what you think!
1 comment:
Sweet. And I like the new design too.
Post a Comment