Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 7, 2009

Clutter Be Gone!



Sarah a.k.a. Thrifty Decor Chick, is hosting a Before and After bloggy party and I've decided to jump on the train with her -- because who doesn't love a good Before and After picture?

When we first moved into our house in March the basement became the Black Hole where we tossed all our miscellaneous stuff that we just didn't know what to do with (or didn't feel like dealing with). I just shut the door and forgot all about it for a good two months.

But after awhile all of the mess and clutter and just general disorganization of it all really started to get to me. So organizing the basement became my summer project.

And it really did take me ALL summer, but I'm happy to say that every square foot of our basement has been decluttered and organized within an inch of its life.

I wouldn't say its the prettiest place in our house, but just looking at how neat everything is makes me happy.

Without further ado, I give you...
THE BASEMENT BEFORE
It was actually even worse than this...just imagine if you will, all of those boxes and totes dumped out in the middle of the room and that would be about right...



And now...
THE BASEMENT AFTER
We can actually use this room now! Yay!
Dave asked, "Do you really need labels on the see through totes?"

Why, yes. Yes, I do. Hello, my name is Amy and I am a perfectionist.

Hop on over to Sarah's and check out the other Before and After pics. It'll be fun times!
Photobucket

10 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Seeing your neatly rowed and labeled boxes has given me the warm fuzzies :) I love being organized - only where to find the time?! I've got it: Hire Amy.

This Heavenly Life said...

Also, I love your new blog design! Very cute.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Sarah, if we only lived closer, I would totally let you hire me to help organize :) I love it :) I have a feeling that my level of organization is going to decrease as the number of children increases though :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Is the number of children increasing soon, Amy??!?!
Organized people are my heroes.....

Anonymous said...

Great job on the organizing. Looks much better! :-)

gina said...

First off- love your blog design. Job well done- organizing is a grimy job but someone has to do it. :)

stephanie h said...

Isn't decluttering, the greatest feeling?! It looks great!

Megan Epley said...

Your couch looks an awful lot like mine... I had better come see it to say for sure... :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Katie -- you are a funny one :) As it stands right now, it will be AT LEAST 40 weeks until we have another child...and we plan on it being quite a few more than that. But I don't think I need to tell you that God has a way of changing our plans so who knows :)

And Megan -- yes. Come. See my couch. And let me see Jack (and you :)

ani @ kindness on her tongue said...

ahh - much better!

 
Images by Freepik