Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 9, 2009

Let's Try Random...

Some thoughts in no particular order...
  • September is a busy month. Busy, busy, busy.  Four birthdays -- one of them being Lily's, and some big doin's at our church with the culmination of one of our outreach ministries, a men's retreat, and kicking off a new season of small groups, to name a few things.

  • I am LOVING this song by Casting Crowns. Can't wait for their new CD.

  • GINORMOUSLY HUGE D.I.Y project going on in our house right now. Entertaiment center out, fireplace in. It's gonna look good. I think. I hope. Right now, I'm just ready for it to be done. Preferably before Lily's birthday party...cross your fingers.

  • I had some Mini Babybel cheese the other day and it made my heart do a little happy dance. I love me some cheese and these only have 70 calories. SEVENTY. Hallelujah.

  • Hobby Lobby is my new favorite store. I went there for the first time in a looong time and I seriously walked up and down every.single.aisle. I only found ten or fifty things I'd like to buy there. If you want to know what my decorating style is? Hobby Lobby. How do I want my house to look? Hobby Lobby. Where will I be buying all my home decor? Hobby Lobby. Seriously. I could live there. It made me want to get rid of all the decorations I have and start over. At Hobby Lobby. Dave only had a minor heart attack when I told him that. He's fine now.

  • One of the aisles in Hobby Lobby was all knobs. And I've had this idea to do a crafty little project to make wall hangings for Lily's room using crystal door knobs. Like this, only more...girly.

  • Lily and I are off to her first ever Story Time at the library. Fun times! Happy Wednesday to you!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Too bad Ankeny doesn't have a Hobby Lobby :) Maybe they should put that on the Must have list, huh?

I am super excited to see your fireplace...so exciting!

TheMillers said...

How did Lily like story time? I'm excited to go next week. I passed the 2nd glucose test so we are good to go!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Katie, if we had a Hobby Lobby in town, I would be spending all of my non existent paycheck there...I think Dave is praying that never happens :)

And Casey, Lily loved story time! I think the sign language went a little over her head -- she was by far the youngest one in that class. But she really loved the singing and watching all the kids! So glad to hear you passed your glucose test!!

This Heavenly Life said...

Yay for Story Time! That was one of my sanity savers when I was desperate for cheap/free activities to get us out of the house when Mia was littler. Hope you guys had fun!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Hi Amy, I just found your blog. I will definelty be back. I have never heard of Hobby Lobby but wish we had one near us, it sounds great.

peter marie said...

Hobby Lobby is the best! And hey, if it's not on sale this week, it will be next week. And when they clearance out their seasonal things it eventually gets to 90% off. Do you even realize how cheap that is?? When I catch that sale, I have a hard time not buying 10 or 50 things too.

une autre mère said...

Yay for Hobby Lobby! And yes, peter marie, their 90% off is AMAZING! And if something isn't on sale, which is very rare, you can print off their 40% coupon online!

 
Images by Freepik