Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 16, 2009

Random Dozen

 

Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee has been doing this "Random Dozen" meme the past couple of weeks and I've been having so much fun reading other people's answers, I've decided to give it a stab myself this week.
  1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas? Mmm...I would say a long, boring meeting. At least when you're standing in line you don't have to act like you are interested. You can daydream without fear.

  2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive? I guess it depends on who is confronting me. If it's someone I am comfortable with (like my husband) I tend to "bite back" (sorry babe). With others, I think I tend to be more passive aggressive.

  3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.) Like many Americans, I'm a "mutt" -- but I have a lot of German and Norwegian in me which explains my blonde hair and fair skin. My dad's side of the family came from England -- apparently my ancestors "owned" a town that bears their name and it is still there today. On my mom's side, my ancestors owned a castle that is supposedly still there today as well. I would LOVE to someday go and visit those places. Oh yes, and I am distantly related to Mark Twain. That must be where I get my, ahem, writing ability *cough*.

  4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you? I love people who share my sense of humor and make me laugh. And getting sincere compliments (whether about me or my family) never hurts :)

  5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to. What? No all of the above?!? :) I guess I'd have to say pie then. I'm not a huge ice cream fan, I like cake at weddings and birthday parties and the right kind of cookie is ok, but I have lots of favorite pies. French silk, lemon meringue, pumpkin -- just nothing fruity.

  6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit? NO. I wish I was the kind of person who could do that but I am so blah when it comes to accesorizing. Plus it's so much work. Maybe if I get one of these though...

  7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented? I am very, very, task oriented. Having a child has made this abundantly clear. Have you ever tried to stay on task with a toddler in the house? God is definitely working on me in this area...I could stand to work on the relational aspect a lot more.

  8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel? IHOP. Two words: Stuffed French Toast. Oops, that's three words. Well, anyway, you get the point.

  9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why? Only once and it wasn't because it was a bad movie or anything -- Dave and I had attempted to go to a movie while Lily was a newborn. We thought, "She'll sleep through it, she sleeps through everything!" Mmm...not so much.

  10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization? Discipline: my quiet time and exercise. Organization: our pantry -- it's gotten a little out of control. Lately I've been afraid to go in there because I'm scared I'll get lost and never find my way out...

  11. Was middle school fun or painful? A little of both. It was painful enough that I wouldn't want to go back and relive it. They don't call them the awkward years for nothing.

  12. What is your favorite Fall beverage? Do you really even need to ask? Pumpkin Spice Latte all the way.

Thanks Linda, this was fun! {Go visit her blog for more}

Photobucket

16 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

And the movie was.....(drumroll please) Madagascar 2!!
I felt so bad for you that night :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I was wondering if you'd remember that Katie :) That was the first (and only) time I had to feed Lily in a public restroom -- yuck. I felt bad for myself too -- but I'm over it now :)

Anonymous said...

What's up, Pumpkin Spice Latte! Just had my first one of the season yesterday :)

The Bug said...

I came here from Linda's blog - & I had to comment that I have a Miche bag! I like it pretty well - it's not quite the giant sack I usually favor, but it holds more than it looks like it will. I have two "skins" - but I'd love more. Maybe for my birthday...

This Heavenly Life said...

What a fun meme! I'm also very task oriented. I get frustrated when something stops me in the middle of a task, but I think since having kids, I'm better about it than I used to be. There's just no way to make a toddler 'wait patiently.' Which is a phrase I employ at will, to no avail :)

I would LOVE to hear about your family's towns and castles. So take a trip, mkay? And post pictures!

Anonymous said...

Pie??? Really? Are you sure it isn't ice cream???

Joyce said...

Just hopped over from Linda's..

my pantry sounds like your pantry at the moment..organizing it is on my list of things to do which is growing as I sit and read blogs : )

Dena said...

Hi! Popping in from Linda's. I've seen those handbags you mentioned and my purse addiction is bad enough. Those would feed right into it I'm afraid. LOL

Lindy said...

My favorite line from this post: "Two words: Stuffed French Toast" funniest thing I've heard all day :)

Anonymous said...

I'm really surprised how many people like IHOP. I've just never been a huge fan, but I guess I'm just weird. :)

Mocha with Linda said...

Enjoyed "meeting" you and reading your answers!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Sorry Ali, for some reason I only crave ice cream when I'm pregnant :)

Lindy, glad I could brighten your day :)

And Rachel, to be honest I haven't eaten at Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel all that often, but there's an IHOP just down the road so maybe that's why I favor it :) Well that and the Stuffed French Toast :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, a Pumpkin Spice Latte girl, eh?

Great answers. I'm finding the ancestry question to be fascinating as I hope around blogs. If I thought for one moment I might have some sort of reason to visit a castle like you, I'd be there in an instant!

Susanne said...

I forgot about pumpkin spice lattes. Yummy!

quilly said...

I think you've just sold me a Michebag. Do you get a commission on this? ;)

Neil Bytes said...

A long meeting is much worse then waiting in line.

 
Images by Freepik