
What was the last song you listened to?
Oh...you would ask this. It was Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA". And I don't even have a tweenager to blame it on. Yeah.
Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?
I'm truthfully not much of an "impulse" buyer, but yes, quite recently I have had buyer's remorse. We bought a set of end tables and coffee tables for our living room and now I don't like them. Boo.
What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)
Well at the risk of being completely and totally misunderstood here -- the day I found out I was pregnant. **HEAR ME OUT** We wanted a baby and I was happy. But we weren't trying at the time and the timing of it really made me question what the Lord was doing.
That morning we had had an offer for a teaching job for Dave -- different state, we wouldn't know anyone but we thought, we don't have kids or a house, we're mobile we could move. And it appeared to be a job he'd really enjoy.
That evening we found out I was pregnant -- due in mid-September. Moving to a new town, switching insurance and doctors, and knowing basically nobody while 8 months pregnant suddenly didn't seem like a wise choice. We prayed and Dave declined.
Again, please don't misunderstand -- I was thrilled to have a baby -- just wondering why God would choose that particular time in our lives. Looking back of course, I can see a whole host of reasons, not the least of which is this adorable little bundle of joy:
I think it's safe to say neither of us would trade her for all the job opportunities in the world! God blessed us above and beyond our expectations when he gave us Lily!
- Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?
Not every year, but I do watch from time to time. No favorites.
- Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.
One of my favorite quotes of all time, from one of the greatest preachers of all time:
"If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. And if they will perish, let them perish with our arms around their knees, imploring them to stay...let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for. - C.H. Spurgeon
- This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention--G rating?
Unfortunately, pretty much all my guilty pleasures involve food. Chocolate. Vanilla Coke. Peanut Butter Oreos. The #5 from Jimmy John's. Burritos from Chipotle. I could go on...
Oh yes, and I suppose you could also include listening to Miley Cyrus *sigh*
- What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to? Homemade turkey and stuffing. Last year Dave made it for my whole family and it rocked. Sorry ladies, he's taken :)
- What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?
I had a lot of favorite books {still do} but I remember one in particular -- a Little Golden Book called "When You Were a Baby". The girl in the book's name is Amy, I thought that was pretty cool. My mom just gave me my old {tattered} copy and I've been reading it to Lily.
- Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
Not really...I guess I do sort of collect the Willow Tree figurines. But I don't get too crazy with them. Just a few here and there. I want to get the Nativity Set someday, but the price is a leetle steep for a one income family :) - Gift bags or wrapping paper?
Both. Gift bags for showers and birthday presents, but wrapping paper for Christmas. I love pretty packages under the tree :)
- Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?
Well, one of my parents always picked me up from school {usually my dad} and once I got home my mom would give me a snack, we'd talk about the day. I loved that she was always there. It's one of the reasons I wanted to stay at home someday.
- True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? When you're fishing, do you feel for the fish??
I think the real question is -- what in the world kind of job were you applying for Linda? :)
Happy Wednesday!








10 comments:
The nativity set you pictured is "on sale" at family Christian.... however, not sure what the "Sale" is. :)
I really like this random dozen thing!
If the truth were known I like that song too. I have a tweenager though so that's my excuse and I am sticking to it. I like The Climb too.
I think God didn't want you to move. I have had things like that happen in my life and at the time I questioned God but after all was said and Done He protected me. I have to agree with your question on #12. :)
Miley Cyrus?!?!? Oh my word Amy :) That is the funniest thing I've heard all day. But I completely agree with your other guilty pleasures :) Except I'm not sure which sandwich #5 is, I like the italian one.
The Willow Tree nativity set is really pretty! That's funny - I collect Bearfoots Bears and I would really love the nativity set too but it is sooo expensive... so I completely understand!
great answers...
my hubby collects nativities and i've been debating on that willow tree one for him ... if we get it, it will have to replace my large nativity that sits in our entry way...I sould want it to have front/center stage, for sure!
your daughter is ADORABLE :D
I have to agree...secretly The Climb is one of my most favorite songs...but I am a teacher and mom so all those - keep-working-and-follow-your-dreams song choke me up!!
Great answers!!
Amy
Well, not a Miley fan but I think everyone likes Party in the USA even if they won't admit it.
Love that quote!
Excellent quote!
I want that Nativity too. A couple years ago I thought I would just start getting a piece at a time. Now I have the star backdrop thing...thats it.
The nativity set is beautiful!
That is a very, very powerful quote.
love that song and blame it on the girls when we are listening to it ;)
The willow tree nativity is something i have on my wish list!
That song totally gets me tapping my toes and -- yes -- movin' my hips. It's just really catchy! You're justified :)
Also, I like it when you get windy. That was a great story about expecting Lily!
Post a Comment