Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 1, 2009

Vindication

Since I started staying at home our budget is much, MUCH tighter and I've really been trying to be more diligent about saving money, clipping coupons,and looking for good deals. It's hard work, and I'll be honest -- it gets old sometimes.

Anytime I need inspiration, I just head over to Money Saving Mom's website -- she is my Proverbs 31 woman hero. Seriously. Love her. And while I've got nowhere near the expertise that she does, I've been able to make some great strides {well, ok, maybe more like baby steps} towards being a "frugalista" if you will.

However. I'm just gonna level with you, when I go to the grocery store these days, it is a sight to see. I'm never without my binder full of coupons and my calculator and my meticoulously written lists, etc. etc. And if you don't believe me, then just listen to this conversation I had with the sample lady in Hy-Vee.

Sample Lady: Oh, hi dear, would you like to sample some egg nog?

Me: No, thank you, I'm fine.

{I pass by and then realize I forgot something and circle back past the Sample Lady again}

*******

Sample Lady: Oh hi dear, would you like to sample some egg nog?

Me: No, thank you, I'm fine.

Sample Lady: Oh yes, I asked you already. I remember you with your...binder...and everything.

Me: {cringe} Yep. That's me. Binder Lady.

Even MORE embarrassing was when I was in Wal-Greens and I passed by one of the managers. She gave me and my ginormo-binder a once over and then said smirkingly, "My, my that is quite the "SYSTEM" you've got going on there."

I'm sure my face was bright red. But you know what? I got my vindication when I checked out and paid a mere $.98 for over $30.00 of groceries.

Yeah. What's up now snarky Wal-Greens lady? What.Is.Up.
Photobucket

13 comments:

Emily said...

Very impressed by your shopping!! How did you do it???

une autre mère said...

That is awesome. I also love The Money Saving Mom. She's a true heroine. Not the drug, although coupon clipping can be addicting...

I used to do the binder thing too, until I had THREE children to juggle at the store. Now I just use my pocket to stuff all my coupons into. Not as effective...

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Man I have so many friends that are coupon queens like this!- I have to figure this out. It's amazing when I find out how much you can save... I just really don't have alot of time to put into the coupon "hobby". I think it would be some what time consuming... But likely very worth it.
Great job getting your vindication. :)

Catholic Mutt said...

Wow! I need to know how to do this! I suppose that means actually working at doing it... Way to go on some great deals!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Seriously?! .98 cents?! That is awesome.....and vomitous-ing all at the same time. I envy you. and admire you all in one ;)

Annie said...

impressive girly!!
i wish i was more savvy!

Anonymous said...

You are my money saving hero! :) I keep saying once I have this baby I will start really trying to save more...I hope it is true.

Anonymous said...

Girl I need to know some of your tips! I am ALL ABOUT going into the store with a giant binder! :)

I've been trying to do the Coupon Mom system but just haven't had time to really implement it. I plan to start it full swing after the first of the year!

Jamie said...

You go binder lady!!! I love Money Saving Mom and the whole coupon thing, it feels so good to save money like that...but it can be time consuming.

H-Mama said...

You rock, Binder Lady! Wear that badge proudly. Maybe you could give a tutorial? ;)

Michelle said...

audrey just looked at me like, what are you laughing at!!! haha snarky Wal-Greens lady?? love it!

i have fallen of the wagon and must get back on it when it comes to grocery shopping {sigh}

This Heavenly Life said...

How in the WORLD?!?! I am way impressed. And a lil' jealous ;)

nault's nook said...

ha! I am laughing so hard!!! Oh I really needed that, thank you. So I definitely dont mind be binder lady. Please share your tips!

 
Images by Freepik