I have to apologize. I’ve still got a serious case of blogger’s block. It’s not that I can’t think of anything to write about, it’s just that I’ve been feeling really lazy and don’t feel like putting in the mental effort required to actually arrange my thoughts into sentences.
But I figured I could tell you about our Valentine’s Day…even if it’s practically a week later.
We’ve celebrated Valentine’s Day lots of different ways in the past.
Our first year of marriage I came home from work to find rose petals in the hall and a nice hot bath drawn with a little Michael Buble playing in the background. Later we ate pizza and hung out on the couch in our sweatpants watching movies we picked up from the library. I know that doesn’t sound horribly romantic, but we were poor and to be honest, that’s still one of my favorite memories. I guess I’m a homebody, but sometimes I think the best times are when you’re just being comfortable and relaxed with the one you love :)
This year Dave planned a little “getaway” for us. We dropped Lily off at my parent’s house on Friday night and he took me to eat at a little local restaurant that neither of us have ever been to.
The Flying Mango – kind of a mix between barbeque and Cajun food. Even though I’ve never set so much as a toenail in Louisiana, I love Cajun food. There were so many options on the menu it was hard to decide.
I ended up going with the “Louisiana Platter: Red Beans & Rice, Chicken Creole & Andouille Sausage Link”
Oh. my.
It was so yummy. I was so busy eating I didn’t take a decent picture beforehand, but this is what my plate looked when I was done with it:
And it came with this big hunk of cornbread slathered in honey butter that was to die for. Moist and sweet and oh so delicious. I wish I had their recipe.
Dave got the ribs:
As you can see, he was thrilled about having his picture taken :)
After we
ate we went to our hotel:
The next morning we got to sleep in – glorious! Then we had brunch and spent the rest of the day shopping.
It was such a nice way to break up the monotony of February! Next year it might be sweatpants and pizza, but this year it was fun to change it up.
What’s your favorite Valentine’s memory?



8 comments:
FUN! Wow, we've always wanted to try Flying Mango and still haven't...but after this that is the first on my "places to go on a date" list.
Your 1st Valentine's day sounds so sweet! I love those simple nights at home.
K......1st of all, Flying Mango--totally wanna try it.
2ndly......your hotel was in....Iowa? You know that place where there has been 10+ inches of snow on the ground for the past 70 days?! Hmmm.... ;)
That sounds like a lot of fun. I am a homebody too!
Blessings,
Amy
Ah, another good review for the Flying Mango! We've got to try it soon! I heart cajun food, too!
I love Valentine's dates, but last year we mixed it up a bit and stayed home and had our whole family make cards for each other. We had a heart shaped, food-colored pink brunch. Not super romantic, but a super sweet memory!
oh how sweet!
I think Flying Mango should pay your for advertising for them, because now I totally want to go too! Looks super good!
Glad you had a great V-day!
What a fun Valentine's day! That hotel room definitely looks relaxing. :)
How fun! Looks like it was an enjoyable and relaxing time.
Post a Comment