Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Aug 27, 2010

Photo Booth Friday #31 : 34 Weeks

Have you ever given someone an automatic response in a conversation that made absolutely no sense at all? Like, when your waiter says, “Enjoy your meal,” and you say without thinking, “You too!”

Well, I did that the other day. Not the waiter thing, but something equally stupid.

We just had some new neighbors move in down the street and we went to meet them the other day. A snippet of our conversation:

New Neighbor Lady: So Lily is 2, and you’re second one is due when?

Me: October 8th

New Neighbor Lady: Oh, that’s great! I’m due December 12th.

Me: Oh wow, congratulations! I couldn’t even tell that you’re pregnant!

New Neighbor Lady: Yeah, it kind of depends on what I wear.

Me: Yeah, me too.

ME TOO???

Really Amy? REALLY?

I’m pretty sure that at this point it doesn’t matter what I wear, there’s no hiding the fact that I’m pregnant.

August 2010 007

So much for making a good first impression. Hopefully she’ll just blame it on the pregnancy brain :)

In other pregnancy news, I think we’ve hit some unofficial milestones. I’ve reached the point in my pregnancy where…

  • …it doesn’t matter how stretchy the material is, all of my clothes feel tight…
  • …my belly itches.
  • …I get heartburn from drinking a glass of water and never leave the house without toting my economy size Tums along with me…
  • …when I sit down I’m afraid I might not make it back up unless someone helps me.
  • …my belly itches.
  • …painting my toenails is a gymnastics feat.
  • …so is shaving my legs.
  • …did I mention that my belly itches?

And then new with this pregnancy – insomnia. It’s the weirdest thing but I just can’t sleep. I don’t think I’ve woken up feeling really rested for going on 3 weeks now. It’s not even really that I’m uncomfortable, it’s just like my brain won’t shut down.

I would say that I can’t wait to have the baby so I can sleep again, but, well…anyone who has ever had a newborn will recognize the irony of that statement.

Still, overall I can’t complain. So far a healthy, normal pregnancy and we’re praying that in 6 weeks (give or take a few) we’ll have a healthy, normal baby.

12 comments:

peter marie said...

Sorry about the no sleeping!! I did that bad with both of my pregnancies, but seriously I DID get more sleep after the baby came. The insomnia was gone so I when I slept, I slept hard, with the occasional night feedings of course. :)
And I'm sure there will at least be a little span of time where they will both be taking naps so you can sneak one in too. Coordinating nap times was actually one of my priorities! :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Itchy belly..... :( I so remember that. With Owen & Silas, granted...we're talking twins here, at the end, I would just cry at night because my belly itched SO BADLY. Horrible.
You have cute prego clothes......and I like your husband's hat behind you. Since its a mirror, it is backwards, but it still makes my happy that next Sat. is game day :)

Mindy said...

I hear ya about the everything feeling tight...I swear I'm much bigger at this point than I was with Hannah, but Jon says it's all in my head. Bummer about the heartburn and insomnia. And I know what you mean about getting more sleep after the baby comes...I actually said that out loud to Jon this morning and then laughed. I said, " I can't wait till this baby comes so I can get more sleep" (I've just been uncomfortable, no insomnia), but then it dawned on me what I said and I laughed. Oh well. Here's to getting some good sleep some time in 2011. :)

beccarankin said...

Ah the joys of being pregnant. I'm sympathizing with you on the sleep thing. I can relate. :-) Have you tried Burts Bee's lotion? That has helped me sometimes when other things wouldn't. I've never used it on my pregnant belly, though, so I'd just be guessing. :-)

becky said...

you look simply precious!

H-Mama said...

You are adorable. Simply adorable.

I remember the itchy... and feeling like all the blood was rushing to my head and my eyeballs might pop out from the pressure, when I bent over. You? ;)

Hope you can catch up on some sleep soon!

And I say stuff like that all the time. Have you ever heard of Brian Regan's comedy sketch 'Take Luck'. I think it's on youtube. :)

une autre mère said...

Oh my goodness, I totally thought of Brian Regan's "Take Luck" sketch too! Hilarious. I do it all the time. Very embarrassing.

I hated the itchy belly thing too. I don't know how many bottles of lotion and body butter I went through thinking it would help. Good luck with that!

And I'm with peter marie... I actually did sleep better once Tate came - but granted, I had been sleeping in the recliner the last 5 months of the pregnancy since my hips were so out of place. Hopefully you'll get better sleep in about 6 weeks too! Maybe you'll have one of those amazing babies who likes to sleep all night! Now that would be AWESOME!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

You're such a cute pregnant mama!
I'm not pregnant, but still have many symptoms of lingering prego brain! I, for some reason, somehow lead a lady to believe I was running in a half marathon by agreeing one too many times with her in a conversation. I processed it all too late...should learn to quit nodding!
I agree with the sleep...you'll totally pass out once that baby comes! Even a few hours of hard, deep sleep will feel wonderful!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Your look so great! I remember those itchy belly days, and the no sleeping - hang in there! Can't wait to see the new little one!

Unknown said...

OH. MY. WORD. Could you be any cuter?

Sarah Moulton said...

Im with ya! Decided pedicures should be a MUST the last month of pregnany! And I too and REALLY hoping for better sleep AFTER the baby! Crazy I know, but at least we are actually SLEEPING well in between feedings!
Happy last 5 weeks! Looking forward to catching up in the nursing room at church next month:))

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

You look amazing!! (and soooo much smaller than me!) Have you grown a lot over the last two weeks? I hope you're doing well now and getting a bit of sleep. It's getting harder for me... Not soon now due-date, Friend! ;)

 
Images by Freepik