Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Oct 4, 2010

Lately…

  • …the weather has been PERFECT and Lily and I have been spending practically every day outside – trips to the park, long walks around our neighborhood, and lots of playtime in her new sandbox.

    Our summer? Crazy. And the rest of our fall? Probably gonna be crazier. But this little sliver of time sandwiched in between the two? Perfect.
    October 2010 001
  • …had my 39 week check up today. Another ultrasound and non-stress test, after which they informed me several times, “that’s a happy baby in there” and told me they wished every baby “performed” as well on their tests.

    Well.

    I’m certainly glad to hear she’s doing fine, but let’s just hope she’s not so happy in there that she decides she doesn’t want to come out.

    On a positive note, the doctor did tell me I’m dilated to a 2 almost 3 and 75% effaced and if you don’t know what that means you are going to just have to go somewhere else to find out because I’m not about to explain it to you here :)
     October 2010 056  October 2010 058Here’s my 39 weeks and 2 days belly shot. Much as I’d love to lead you to believe that I look this stylish and put together every day, I must confess that these were taken right before church. 
     
  • …we went to a local apple orchard/pumpkin patch on Saturday. SO much fun.
    October 2010 013 October 2010 018

She LOVED spending time with cousin Morgan…October 2010 020 October 2010 021 October 2010 024 October 2010 027

…having a tea party at the Mad Hatter’s table with Daddy…October 2010 028…playing in all the little houses that were just her size…

October 2010 033 October 2010 034 …sliding into the “corn pool”…October 2010 036…making “corn angels” {only in Iowa…}

October 2010 039…the Jumping Pillow…

October 2010 041 {although I think Dave enjoyed it even more than Lily did ;) }

October 2010 042…the giant slide…

October 2010 046

…and the hayride!
October 2010 051Smudge

We ended our trip eating fresh, hot from the oven cider donuts and drinking cold apple cider.

And we bought some fudge.

So anyway, if you need me in the next few days, it’s more than likely that I will be one of two places:

1. The hospital

or

2. Outside

The End
{for now}

7 comments:

H-Mama said...

Sounds like you are spending your time wisely. Adorable... baby bump and this stage that Lily is in right now. Such a fun-busy age. ;)

Anonymous said...

That apple place looks awesome! We went to one a week ago, and it had nothing but...apple trees. BORING! Also, you look fab - I can't wait for the little one's big entrance!

peter marie said...

Isn't that tea party dreamy!? Glad you had fun!
I'm glad you've been able to really enjoy your time outside before the big day. This weather has been perfect!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I love these pictures! You are, as always, adorable! :)

Mandi said...

That place looks awesome! I wanna go! And I loved the pic of dave... will have to show brad later.. classsic!

Michelle said...

you are so cute!! lovin' that baby belly. makes me kinda miss mine, just a little though ;)

mommy baum said...

Amy -

Looks like you guys went to Center Grove? We just went there yesterday.....and though we took Hendrix with us, I don't think he enjoyed it nearly as much as it looks like Lily did! :) So fun! Happy Fall :)

 
Images by Freepik