I am not what I would consider a trendy person. I have shirts hanging in my closet from when I was a sophomore. In high-school. Ten years ago. (Not that they still fit me, but that’s a whole different blog post.)
I am, in fact, initially resistant to just about every new clothing trend that comes along. I go through phases:
Phase 1
That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I will never in a million years be caught dead wearing something like that.
Phase 2
Well, I guess it’s not so bad. On someone else though. I could never pull that off.
Phase 3
That. is. adorable. I would like to buy one in every color and style imaginable.
Sadly, by the time I’ve reached Phase 3, the trend is usually old news or on it’s way out. It’s happened with nearly every style of apparel you can think of in the past 27 years of my existence. Capri pants, 3/4 length sleeves, leggings, skinny jeans, jeggings, and now…boots.
I love boots.
I am obsessed with boots.
If I wasn’t already married I might ask them to marry me.
Well, ok…maybe not. But you get my point.
Everywhere I go I see cute boots! Tall boots! Short boots! Gray boots! Brown boots! Flat boots! Boots with heels! Boots with wedge heels!
And I stare and I drool but I almost never buy them because….
*sigh*
…boots are expensive. At least to this thrifty mama they are.
And by the time they’ve gotten to a price I think I can afford, they are out of my size…or just out completely.
So I thought I would share with you some of the boots I loved but never got. Major “non-buyer’s remorse” here.
1. Elle Riva Wedge Knee-High Boots
Oh my lands, if these are not the most adorable boots I have ever seen. The ruffle! And the wedge heel! I walked by these practically every time I went to Kohls just to see if they’d gone on sale. Because, if you click on that link, you’ll see that the original price was $99.99. Sooo not happening on a stay-at-home mama salary. Then they went on sale for $29.99! I could totally do that! But -- “Sorry this item is no longer available”
*Sad face*
2. Rialto Soul Search Tall Boots
Also at Kohls. In black or brown. I loved them both.
Gone.
Sayonara, cute boots.
3. Target Merona Zanta Plaid with Roll Over Cuff Rain Boots
These ones absolutely kill me. Because they were on clearance in the store for $16.00 the other day! And they had every single size BUT mine! So I checked online…full price. What in the world? You’re killing me, Target.
Oh, well. One of these days there will be the perfect storm of cute boots, a killer price, and the perfect size. Until then I think I shall be revisiting these verses:
Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
I Timothy 6:6-10



7 comments:
Soo true! I've been trying also for years to find a pair of boots that I just loved and I agree they are usually soo very expensive so I'm with you on that too. Though I finally found a pair that I LOVE and I splurged! I paid $42 for a pair of boots I love! I'm soo glad that I did. Good luck finding your perfect pair! It'll be well worth the wait!
As you know, I can completely relate! :)
Thank you also for the verse reminder. It is really good to meditate on that.
I'm pretty much obsessed with boots, too. I found my faves at Target. When I saw they went on clearacne for $25 I bought the black, too. Love them. I just got my first pair of uggs for Christmas, 10 years behind that trend. ;)
i love boots too!
as soon as i read your post i knew i had to share the link sarah (life in the parsonage) shared the other day --- boots starting at $13.00 http://www.gojane.com/shop-by-category-shoes-boots.html?camp=fpmain
I love boots, too, but I seem to find every reason in the book this year not to buy them (ahem, surprise baby). Our Target did have a ton of the black/plaid boots left. What size do you wear? I'd be happy to look for you!
I love boots too, but just got my first pair this season! The problem for me (besides the ridiculous price) is that I have skinny ankles and calves so boots never fit against my leg - they all kind of slouched down. This year I found some cute cowboy boots at Target and fell in love with them! They were like $25 and they're kind of supposed to be slouchy/loose around the calf. So they are perfect for me and I've worn them almost everyday since I got them! :)
I'll admit... I have a boot fetish as well. And congrats on your new ones that Londa picked up! Although, I was supposed to bring them home from church yesterday and I completely forgot! But don't despair - I'm going back tomorrow morning so I'll pick them up then! :)
Post a Comment