Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 22, 2011

I Think Mr. Murphy Must Have Had Children…

You know, Murphy’s Law?

“Anything that can go wrong, will?”

It never fails.

The one time you forget to grab a clean diaper before you remove the dirty one from your infant’s backside, they will poop all over themselves…and the changing table…and you…and just for good measure they’ll spit up all over themselves while you’re cleaning up the poo.

When you think you’re {finally} all caught up on your housework and you might have extra time in your week to work on a project, or read a book, or rest a little, both of your children will get sick for consecutive weeks in a row causing the cleanliness of your home to plunge to depths you had yet to encounter.

When you pat yourself on the back for having a toddler who understands that naptime is naptime and not playtime, said toddler will suddenly decide that naptime is, indeed, a good time to sneak out of bed and dump all her toys out in the middle of the room before Mommy can come in and ruin all her fun. And, hey, while she’s at it, why not take off all her clothes?

And just when you are thinking about how nice it is to be consistently getting eight hours of sleep at night again, your infant will get sick with such a horrible stuffy nose that you spend half of your night holding her upright in the rocking chair so that she can get some sleep.

My friend Mindy made this comment on Facebook the other day:

It's one of those days where my to-do list is: feed kids, keep them alive. If I get anything else accomplished today, it will be a miracle.

And I laughed, because that, my friends, is the past two weeks of my life in a nutshell.

Feed kids. Keep them alive. Check and check.

And now…taking advantage of a rare moment where both of them are napping simultaneously, I am going to get some sleep.

Mr. Murphy, don’t you dare interfere with this one Winking smile

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh Amy! You poor dear..its been a long few weeks for you! I loved this post - and feel your pain!

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Must have been something about the last 2 weeks that God needed to test out all of our mommy abilities!!
~Hope you get some rest my friend!

beccarankin said...

Have you tried a hot steamer in their room when they have a stuffed up nose? It works like a charm for me every time.

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

I didn't know we were related? My other last name is Murphy, too ;)

Oh my dear....only instead of fevers and illness {which hopefully will go away}, mine is in the form of destruction. Mass destruction.

Kelly said...

Totally understand!! I might just have to "steal" that fb status! :)

 
Images by Freepik