When I went to check the date of my last blog post, I almost had to do a double take. Ummmm….5 weeks ago? Can I really even consider myself a blogger anymore?? Not sure about that.
But even though there are probably only 2 people left who actually read this, both of which are related to me, I’ll try to update.
Let’s see…
Valentine’s Day was very busy and not really so romantic!
Lily helped me make some Valentine’s treats, the first being these Valentine’s button candies that you can kinda see in the bag below. My mom had a little Valentine’s party for the grandkids so we took bag to the cousins and left some in the mailbox for our mailman and neighbors.
We also made these cookies for Dave to take into work.
Source: bettycrocker.com via Amy on Pinterest
Those aren’t our cookies. I just forgot to take a picture, but they pretty much looked the same.
I got to embarrass Dave by sending him a big mushy balloon attached to a six pack of red “Crush” to work
Of course I don’t have a picture…
Source: designaglow.com via Amy on Pinterest
But once again, Pinterest to the rescue! In fact, all of these ideas came from there. I think it’s safe to say I would be stuck in a very boring and uncreative rut if it weren’t for Pinterest.
Dave sent a bouquet of roses to me and an individual rose for each of the girl’s. You should have seen Lily’s face when she got it. It was so precious! You could tell she felt like the most special little girl in the world. I love that very special daddy/daughter relationship they have!
We weren’t able to celebrate just the two of us until Saturday night, but I planned a special “four course” meal for just the two of us after we put the girls down to bed. Dave is a HUGE seafood fan (and me too!) so I made “Red Lobster at home”. We had Caesar salad, garlic cheese biscuits, shrimp scampi, and rock lobster tail. This was the first time I’ve ever made lobster…I was AMAZED at how easy it was!
Somehow this has turned into a post about Valentine’s Day…but honestly, other than that we haven’t had a whole lot going on.
We are trying to make some decisions about Lily and pre-school. Researching some curriculum and trying to decide if we feel like there’s a benefit to sending her somewhere or just doing it at home. I got this book from the library:
And I’m about 99% sure I’m going to buy it and start working with Lily.
Let’s see…what else?
Our small group is going through this book on marriage:
SO GOOD! We haven’t finished it yet, but from what I’ve read, I would even highly recommend for people who are preparing for marriage.
And that is all. Really, now you can see why I haven’t been blogging – things have been quite boring and normal around here for the first time in months. AND I’M LOVING IT!
Happy Friday!!




5 comments:
crush... what a cute idea. gotta love pinterest.
of course you know what my vote is on using curriculum... at home. ;)
your girls are such cutie-pies, as always.
Girl, I miss you blogging! Sounds like you had a fun Valentine's day.
One of my friend's used that book to teach her kids to read. As far as I know she loved it.
Have a great weekend!
I totally read your blog! And I love it! :)
Your idea for Dave was so cute! I hope he appreciated your creativity.
Loved your Valentines ideas! So creative and cute! And lobster?!?! You go, girl! :)
I taught both Addie and Millie how to read at home before they started kindergarten and also did simple math, calendar skills and other stuff with them too and loved it! Addie's teacher was shocked that she hadn't gone to preschool and hopefully Millie's will be too! :) You can't really beat one on one instruction! Wish I would've known about that book! Might have to check that out for Tate!
Sorry I'm so behind on reading your blog... My own hasn't been updated for over a month either!!!
Post a Comment