Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Nov 27, 2012

Table “Pin-spiration”

Well, hello there!

Bet you’re surprised to see me on here so soon! I’m making more of an effort to post regularly…we’ll see how long that lasts!

This weekend we’ve got a yearly event at our church called Rejoice. It’s basically a dinner with some testimonies and singing at the end. But what makes it unique is that all of the tables are decorated by individual women in the church. No two tables are alike and it’s always AMAZING to see what people come up with!

I signed up to decorate a table for the first time this year and I gotta admit, I’m a little intimidated! I’ve got some basic ideas in my head but this week I really need to get it nailed down…seeing how the event is on Saturday –ha!

My plan is to go really natural – burlap, greenery, etc. Here are some of my “inspiration” pictures from my Rejoice pinboard on Pinterest.

 

My “centerpiece” is going to be a Christmas tree in a galvanized bucket, kind of like this. I’ve already got a tiny porch tree and a friend is letting me borrow a bucket. I’m planning on wrapping it with some sort of burlap garland and maybe adding a few simple ornaments from my stash.

 

I absolutely LOVE this ruffled burlap table runner – I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make mine look that pretty so I may need a back-up plan if not Smile

 

And these big hurricane type candleholders with the greenery and burlap – so pretty!

 

I also love this old sheet music printables with Christmas carols. I’m not entirely certain yet how I’m going to incorporate that – maybe one under each plate?

 

I also love the idea of “brown paper packages tied up with string” – and I just noticed these have sheet music wrapped around the middle too!

 

And finally, I’m going to use Scrabble tiles to use as name placeholders at each setting.

Hopefully it will all come together as beautifully as it looks in my head!

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please take pictures of your finished product so we can see - it's sounds like it'll be very pretty!

mommy baum said...

Cute ideas Amy! I love your style and am anxious to see how you pull it all together! Happy holidays ;)

 
Images by Freepik