Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 11, 2012

A Merry Vignette

I didn’t even know what a “vignette” was until I started reading home décor blogs.

And I JUST today found out how to pronounce it.

“vin-YET”

Would you like to see one?

Remember this dresser? The one I got for super cheap on Craigslist? October 2011 006Well, you can kind of see the finished product in this picture.

December 2012 018

I had planned on doing a whole post about how I finished it. I had also planned on deep cleaning the entire house this fall, but unfortunately intentions do not always equal reality.

Anyway.

This dresser sits in our dining room and I’m loving the way it looks this Christmas!

December 2012 017

December 2012 022

December 2012 025

And this is the vignette on top of our bookshelf. {I just like using that word. It makes me sound sophisticated Winking smile}

December 2012 027

My goal for my Christmas decorations this year was to go simple and natural, using things I already had. I did purchase some fresh greenery, and a couple of small items for my mantel, but other than that, it’s all stuff I had on hand. I think these Ball canning jars with espom salt, a few sprigs of greenery and some twine are my favorite!

December 2012 029 

Oh, and that chalkboard print in the background? It’s a free printable {you can get yours here}

And in the interest of keeping it real, if you zoom out a little, this is what things typically look like around here. Please note the sippy cup standing in for a candle and the Little People friends playing with our Willow Tree nativity.

Amy Phone dec 2012 615Amy Phone dec 2012 618

I’m linking up at Southern Hospitality today. Go check out all the other beautiful Christmas vignettes. And if you’re visiting from there, welcome! I’m just a mommy blogger that occasionally likes to play at decorating. Feel free to put your feet up and stay awhile!

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your vignette looks great, and I love how you kept it real. Thanks for stopping by!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

You have one beautiful Christmas vignette...love your little wire basket filled with packages.

Blessings,
Linda

Mandi said...

You really are SO good at that! Are you for hire? ;)
Thanks for coming over last night, we always enjoy time with you guys.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love this dresser and the entire display. Just lovely. You have a touch. And now I think I need that printable.

Unknown said...

Le tue decorazioni natalizie sono stupende!
Ciao
Bellalullo

April Hoff said...

Love the vintage, yet somewhat industrial look of your decorations! My favorite is that cute vintage fan! Love your blog! Newest follower!

www.housebyhoff.blogspot.com

 
Images by Freepik