Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 10, 2013

Words

One of my New Year’s Resolutions was to blog more regularly. Nothing like starting the year off behind!

Actually, I’ve had good reason to be absent from here. I’ve spent the past two weeks doing some serious reorganizing and prioritizing. I’ve been tweaking my schedule, working on some checklists and lots and lots of other boring stuff like that. My inner geek has been loving it! There’s nothing like a free evening spent laminating your deep clean checklists to confirm that you are nearing your thirties. And also, a huge dork.

I hope to share a few of my new organizational strategies on here in the next couple of weeks. But first I want to start with some thoughts on the direction I hope to take my blog in the next year.

We live in a culture that is absolutely saturated with WORDS. Now more than ever before we are taking in the voices and opinions of hundreds of people on a daily basis.

Honestly, I’ve been seriously evaluating whether or not it’s worth my time to add to that noise, and I’ve come to a conclusion.

My blog is only truly worth something if it’s being used as a mouthpiece to the one true Word. Everything else is just static.

There is a song that I heard the other day that I felt like completely encapsulated what I hope to convey with my words and I hope you will take the time to listen to it (either through the music bar on the top of my blog or by clicking on this video).

“I don’t want to say a word,
Unless it points the world back to you.”

This doesn’t mean that I won’t be sharing about our life or that things will be all serious all the time. Our God is the God of REAL LIFE. He is present in every silly, messy, funny, sticky, crazy, boring aspect of our day. He is the Giver of all blessings, the Healer of our hurts, the One who picks us up when we fall and who loves us in our darkest hour. That’s the Jesus I want to show to you, in the sticky, messy, crazy, boring stuff of my life.

So, here’s to a year of pointing the world {or at least my little corner of it} to Jesus. Of not being “just another noise”.

2013. Let’s do this!

So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.

John 1:14

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I feel like your blog has been of the blogs that pop up in my blogger favs list that always HAS pointed me to truth. One that always makes me pause, stop, listen. Especially in the day -to-day. :) Keep it up!

 
Images by Freepik