Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Oct 18, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!

I've been up to my elbows in paperwork this week as I attempted a long overdue purge of our filing cabinet. Because when you've got a million messes in other more visible places of your home, why not spend time organizing the one thing that nobody ever sees?!?

Really though it had gotten to the point where I could no longer stuff even a single sheet of paper in there, so it was high time I got rid of some stuff. And after consulting Google, I realized I've been hoarding some financial records for far too long. Bank statements from our first year of marriage? Yep, we had 'em. I actually did keep one of those just because I know someday it will be fun to look back and smile about how little money we had, and to remember that we were perfectly happy with it!

Anyway, today I've just got a quick list of five things I'm loving right now!

This is my favorite healthy-ish sweet treat. It's coconut Greek yogurt with toasted almonds, dark chocolate chips and coconut in it. It isn't exactly low in calories, but you are getting protein so it isn't just empty calories like a cup of ice cream is. I buy three a week ( because they are expensive!) and eat one every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for lunch.

I am such a dork.

Last spring I went through and did a massive purge of my winter clothes, getting rid of anything that didn't fit or that I hadn't worn for several years. I ended up only keeping one sweater...every single one of the other sweaters I owned had been purchased pre-babies and several were from college *ahem* ten years ago. I have bought two of these sweaters, the one pictured above and another crewneck one in black. They are SUPER soft, comfortable, and come in all sorts of basic colors. Plus, they are only $17.99! You can't beat that, for a sweater!

In keeping with the Target fashion theme, I also bought this scarf on sale a couple of weeks ago. Leopard is a HUGE trend this fall and, though this called cheetah print, I still think it falls in the leopard-ish animal print category. This is a pretty inexpensive way to add an animal print to your closet! I wore the scarf and black sweater together which you can kind of see here:


4. Viggle


This is an app that I just learned about on Money Saving Mom. Basically, it allows you to "check in" when you are watching your favorite TV Shows and earn points (1 point for every minute you watch). Once you've accumulated enough points, you can use them to get rewards. It takes like two seconds to check in and is a super easy, free way to get rewards from something you are already doing!

5. This picture. Just makes me laugh. 


(I can't find an original source for this)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!,

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik