- After I posted about our mouse "situation" yesterday, Dave said, "Now nobody's ever going to want to come eat at our house again! You should tell them that we cleaned it up." So, here's your PSA for all our future dinner guests: the entire kitchen has been thoroughly scoured with a solution of bleach. And please don't anybody tell me what a harsh chemical that is. I know. That's the point. Please see yesterday's post wherein we had mouse poop in our silverware drawer.
- Also: several friends commented on Facebook that my pregnant self should not be cleaning up mouse poop because of a virus carried by rodents which they recommended I not look up. So of course, I looked it up. And I'm trying not to be paranoid about it. Because, lets face it, even though Dave was Super Husband and did allllll the cleaning for me, I still ate unsuspectingly off of silverware from the mouse poop drawer the night before.
- In other completely unrelated but more pleasant news, Lily absolutely loves to listen to Mandisa. So we got her a CD for Christmas to listen to in the car. I can't say I mind, because I like her too, but the other day on a trip to the grocery store we listened to the, "Good Morning" song approximately 357 times. It's her favorite.
- I saw this adorable idea for Minion Valentine's on Pinterest the other day and if I can get my act together soon enough, I think that's what I'm going to do for Lily's school valentines (if you are in our co-op avert your eyes).
- Also on Pinterest I saw this idea for getting craft organizers to hold food in the car for your kids on road trips. After spending 36 hours in the car (and no, that is not an exaggerated number) over Christmas break traveling to and from New York, I was kicking myself for not thinking ahead and bring something to corral their food while we ate in the car. So, the point of all of this is, Target has these mini craft organizers in their Dollar Spot right now that are the perfect size for this kind of thing. Stock up now and your future self will thank you on your next road trip.
(Naturally, we would never fill ours with McDonalds Happy Meals, because we only ever eat locally grown organic hormone free food that is produced from happy animals and free of pesticides and BPA and also global warming. Ahem)
- Things you never think will come out of your mouth: "Please stop taking the tongue off of your sister's frog."
(It was a craft, we are not into animal torture around here)
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment