Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 12, 2014

Official Notice of Eviction

Unless the little man currently taking up residence in my belly decides to leave of his own accord before then, tomorrow is the big day!!!

Here we are, 40 weeks pregnant. I've officially made it to my due date!



I am so excited to meet this baby in person!

And, if I'm being completely honest, a little nervous. Labor and delivery, while a very natural process designed by God, is still an intense, difficult experience marked by the curse of sin. And that means, things don't always go the way you plan. Sometimes bad things happen. Sometimes those very marginal risks become your reality. Sometimes you don't get a healthy baby and a healthy mama. 

When we delivered Lily I was blissfully ignorant of a lot of the heartache that some people experience when it comes to pregnancy and delivery. I very much took it for granted that everything would be fine.  Five and a half years later I've seen and heard and known so many who have really suffered through some difficult stuff and I will be honest, I've struggled often throughout this entire pregnancy with fear.

We have great doctors, I'm healthy, baby is healthy, my risks are very low, the odds are in my favor...but ultimately my trust is not in the expertise of my doctor or my experience, or my body and its natural instincts or ANY of the decisions we have made...it's in God.

He has formed this amazing little person inside of me and He and He alone determines the number of his days. He has brought us through some rough waters and never left our side and even if everything doesn't work out how we planned it, He will always, always be there. Sometimes He gives us blessings through joy, and sometimes through pain. We are asking Him to end our day tomorrow with great joy!

I would so appreciate - COVET - your prayers on our behalf! I am praying especially for peace from God throughout the day, and of course, the glorious sound of that first bleating cry!

Just for fun, here's a side by side comparison of my baby belly at 22 and 40 weeks.



We've come a long way, baby!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Praying for you and your sweet baby boy!!

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Looking forward to the update, praying!

 
Images by Freepik