Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 31, 2009

Laundry!

I have mentioned briefly before that when it comes to cleaning and organizing I can be a tad…obsessive.
I’m the type of person who can watch a commercial for say, yogurt, and come away from it NOT thinking “That looks like a delicious, low calorie alternative snack that will help keep my bowel movements regular,” and instead be thinking, “How in the world do they get the inside of their fridge to look so neat and organized?”

It’s a disease. I know.
To be fair, I do not pay that close of attention to OTHER people’s houses and their “level” of cleanliness. You could very well invite me over for dinner, not having dusted for months, swept your floors, or vacuumed your carpet and I honestly would not bat an eye. But when it comes to my house, I have some extremely (some would say ridiculously) high standards. And I get a weird sense of pleasure over things like organizing the Christmas decorations or cleaning the kitchen.

Which is why so far, THIS has been one of the highlights of my week:
Little dividers that separate Lily’s clothes by month. I’m hopeless.

I need to note that though I set very high standards for myself, I usually fall far short. Which is why THIS is driving me absolutely bonkers today:

It’s never good to let your laundry pile get so high that you actually fear you could lose your child in it :) At any rate, now you know what I’ll be doing today :) Laundry calls…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy! I just love you so much!! Please, if you ever get to the point that you are satisfied with the organization in your home, come on over to mine and just have a ball! I'm serious....you could work yourself right into a delirious organizational dither at my house. Did you know that the very night before loading the uhaul to move away I was NOT PACKED?! And if it weren't for some wonderful friends, I swear I would still be in Louisburg.

Love the posts!!

XO Amy Lackey

Amy Jo said...

Where did you get the dividers for the baby clothes? I want some, haha....

 
Images by Freepik