Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 11, 2009

A Thankful Heart

Today I’m thankful for…


  • Dirty Laundry, because it means I have clothes to wear
  • Dirty Dishes, because it means I have food to eat
  • Dirty Diapers, because it means my baby girl is healthy, and getting nourishment
  • Dirty Socks on the floor, because it means my husband is alive and well
  • Dirty Rooms, because it means I have a house to clean
  • A Dirty Heart, that has been washed clean by the blood of Jesus.
How often do I complain about my blessings? When I get up in the morning am I grumbling because I’m tired or am I praising God that He has given me eyes to open, legs and feet that can walk, a healthy body that has the strength to get out of bed, ears that can hear? How often do I remember that I am a sinner who has been given mercy – that I deserve hell but have been given a home in heaven? How often do I recognize that the things I have are GIFTS that have been given, not RIGHTS that I have earned?
Am I rejoicing in the gifts or in the great Giver? It is easy to sing,
Blessed be Your name
When the sun is shining down on me
When the world is all as it should be
but do I sing,
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there’s pain in the offering
Thank you Lord, for undeserved blessings. And may I say with Job, no matter what my circumstances may be, “The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21)" Do I believe that? Would I say that? I pray I won’t be tested – I don’t want God to take away His blessings. But I do want Him to be all I need. I want my satisfaction to come from Him alone. I want to worship Him, not worship the things He gives me. Lord, help me worship You alone!

Two of My Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice picture of Dave - his hair looks nice. :) Coming from a wife who has to cut her husband's hair every three weeks, I notice men's short hair and appreciate it. :)

Anonymous said...

It does save us a lot of money. Ethan needs his hair cut so frequently; I only get mine cut three or four times a year. This summer when my parents' house flooded, I gave all the guys haircuts - it was a little too ambitious of me. My dad has a FULL head of hair and it just didn't look quite right. :)

 
Images by Freepik