Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 4, 2009

Sounds of Music

Things I have heard today:
  • The dishwasher


  • My baby girl’s squeals. If you haven’t met Lily, she has 3 basic pitches – high, higher, and highest. Her range is somewhere in between a high soprano and a dog whistle. Dave is a bass and I’m an alto so I’m not sure where she gets it – perhaps God wants us to be the next Von Trapp Family Singers? Minus the Nazis and a couple of kids :)


  • My current favorite CD “The Altar and the Door” by Casting Crowns


  • The gurgling in the fish tank that houses our schizophrenic fish (I could tell you stories about him...he is the weirdest pet I've ever owned)

Things I hope to hear today:

  • My husband, when he gets home from work

  • The voice of God (not audibly of course, although that would be cool!)

  • Birds (I’m ready for spring – poo on you, Punxsutawney Phil ;)

2 comments:

Katie Casey said...

Amy, I'm so happy that you are able to stay at home with Lily. When Eli and I have kids, I hope that I will be able to do the same.

Here's a quote from C.S. Lewis that will keep you inspired:

"The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career."

Don't ever forget that you have the ULTIMATE CAREER now! Keep up the good work, Amy!

Lindy said...

You crack me up! I definitely want to hear the fish stories...

 
Images by Freepik