Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 20, 2009

Devil with a Red Dress On

I have a new best friend. We met over a mutual love of clean floors – hard surfaces are her specialty. She’s become a permanent fixture at our house now – I never clean without her.

Her formal name is the Dirt Devil 082700 Vision Turbo Canister Vacuum.

I call her “The Red Devil.”

She’s my new port-a-vac and let me tell you – She. Is. Amazing.

I have to confess that until we purchased our home, I was completely ignorant that a product like this even existed.

I took one look at our massive expanse of hardwood floors, one look at my broom and dustpan and felt myself having a nervous breakdown thinking about all the work involved in cleaning them.

Enter my friend Laura. She used to work for a cleaning company – and not just as a “cleaning lady.” Oh no. She was the “inspector”. She was the one doing the White Glove test to make sure those houses were cleaned up to Molly Maid’s standards. So believe me when I tell you, this chick knows clean :)

When she pulled up to my house the Saturday after we closed with her big cleaning bag of tricks and whipped out her little portable vacuum, I was interested --but I have to admit, I was still skeptical. I have always been under the delusion that vacuums are for carpets and I really did not think they would work on hard surfaces.

Turns out I was wrong, and boy am I glad!

After I borrowed Laura’s portable vacuum, I knew life would never be the same. And I knew I needed one if I were to ever be able to clean our hard floors again. I asked (ok, BEGGED) Dave if we could use some of our tax refund to purchase one of these and he obliged. Mine is a different brand than Laura’s but the same basic concept applies.

It VACUUMS my HARD FLOORS! No icky “line of dirt and hair” left behind. I still can’t get over it. Between this and the Swiffer mop, I am on Cloud 9. I am mildly embarrassed to say that I actually think cleaning our floors are fun. But I’m weird like that :)

So join me in welcoming her into my circle of friends. No, she’s not the type of friend you can have coffee with -- but she's the type of friend who will clean your floors for you -- who doesn't need a friend like that? ;)

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Oooh, I'm gonna remember this when my vacuum dies! (It's on the brink now)

Lindy said...

I love your title for this post!

 
Images by Freepik