Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 23, 2009

Six Months and Counting

Yesterday was Lily's "half birthday" -- she is 6 months old -- I think I say this every month, but I just can't believe how quickly it has gone!

Today she had her 6 month dr.'s appointment. I scheduled the appointment for 8:30 which happens to be right around the time Lily normally takes her morning nap...because everybody knows that the best time to take your 6 month old to the doctor and poke them with needles is when they are tired and ready for a nap...what was I thinking? I wasn't -- typical :)

Anyway, I was expecting there to be some sort of meltdown while we were there because let's be honest -- nobody likes to get shots especially not at a time when they are normally cozy in their bed.

I'm gonna try not to brag on her too much here...but Lily was as close to an perfect angel as she could be. Seriously, where did this little girl get her sweetness? Because if you've ever encountered me when I'm sleepy, you will know she does not get it from me (ask Dave...he will tell you! :)

She was adorable. She charmed the socks off the doctor and the nurse. She smiled. She laughed. She did cry when they gave her the shots but when I picked her up she just sniffed and snuggled her head against me. I'm telling you...you can't help but love this girl :)

Alright I'm putting away the Brag Book :) Here are her 6 month stats:

Height: 27 1/4 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs 8 oz. (45th percentile)
Head: 43 cm. (60th percentile)

She's tall and skinny, with chubby cheeks :) Some milestones that she reached this month:

  • Rolling over from back to tummy
  • Starting to be able to sit up -- though not quite by herself yet.
  • Eating rice cereal

And we'll be starting veggies this month! I'm going to try my hand at making my own baby food...emphasis on the word try. I'll let you know how it goes -- let's just say I'm not gonna throw away the Gerber coupons just yet.

Happy Monday to all!

1 comment:

Heather said...

hey there... I found a GREAT babyfood making site....
http://wholesomebabyfood.com/babyfirstfoods.htm
We did if for Lexi and it was SOOO easy! Plus use the ice cube trays and it's a breeze!!! Enjoy!

 
Images by Freepik