Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 13, 2009

Cribs :)

It's here! The much anticipated, long awaited picture post. I give you...our house! Just to warn you -- I took an obnoxious amount of pictures. You asked for it ;)

I tried to put these in some sort of order but it got all messed up...so we'll start with the spare room. This is upstairs to the right of the staircase. This is the master bedroom -- the view from the far corner. Don't we have awesome furniture? ;) The room is huge -- they could've probably made it into 2 separate bedrooms...but we'll take the space -- once we have more kids it might be a place of escape ;)



View from the door -- the glider doesn't fit in Lily's room anymore which I'm very sad about :(

I think I forgot to mention that on moving day, we only had 2 casualties -- one was this wall inside the door which my cousin Mark takes credit for. We forgave him as long as he promised to come back with drywall (kidding of course! ;) The other casualty was our fish...and I promise you, I had NOTHING to do with it. Really, I swear! (We have a history -- if you haven't read about it, click here) I mean, despite harboring a little bitterness towards him, the little fella went through a lot with us -- so I actually felt sad that he went belly up -- I even attended the flushing ceremony :)


This is the tie rack in the master bedroom -- you have NO IDEA how excited I was when I saw this on our first trip through the house. Dave has an obnoxious amount of ties accumulated during the Bible college years and they always fell of the hanger. I pretty much just gave up on picking them up after awhile so they decorated the floor of our closet. But no more! And see how neat they look? Yup, I'm that easily pleased ;) As you can see, they also hold belts, and my swimsuits...which may or may not get to see the light of day again :)



This is more of the walk in closet! Never had one of these before!


Master Bathroom -- which I've decided definitely needs some color -- because there's no shower curtain. And by the way, this door is every bit as much of a pain to clean as it looks -- I'm officially not a fan of shower doors:)

More of the bathroom

This is the other bathroom upstairs


Alright now we're in the basement (sorry, the order is a bit random). This is where we shoved all the stuff I didn't feel like unpacking yet.


This is the little "office" in the basement -- could be an extra bedroom someday...when we have our 5th child ;)

More of the office




This is a view of the basement from the far corner by the window

View from the stairs


More stuff I didn't want to unpack...also the fish tank still half full of water. Lovely :P


This is going down the stairs to the basement (I TOLD you I took an obnoxious amount of pictures!)

This is the view from the dining room looking into the living room

View from the kitchen into the dining room


This is a super cool bowl that our super cool realtor gave us when we closed on the house. She was the bomb!

Another one of my favorite features -- the mini dishwasher -- HA just kidding, it's a trash compactor. Which if you are anything like me, you are thinking..."Wha.....?" Still not sure how it works. We tried it and it didn't really seem to make things very "compact". But ALSO notice to the right the Lazy Susan in the corner! After I saw this and the tie organizer, I was pretty much sold on the house. Good thing Dave was with me to check out important things like the roof and the furnace and the water heater, etc. etc. Eh...those are all just accessories...;)


Kitchen from the garage door
View of the kitchen from the dining room. I love all the space and how open it is! It reminds me of the kitchen in my parent's house growing up.

More kitchen

From the kitchen looking into the living room
From the front door looking into the living room.
More living room


View from the back porch

Our yard and little shed (the previous owner's had this wired for cable...for their dogs! We don't even have cable in our house!)
And that is it! I'm missing pictures of Lily's room -- everytime I think to take one, it's during naptime. It looks a lot like her old room...but seriously downsized. Her old room was HUGE -- this one I would say is probably...1/3 of the size? We painted it the same color though and everything else is the same except I'm going to do something different with the letters for her name. I'll post pictures of it when I'm done.

So that's it! We want to paint eventually, and put stuff on the walls. So in the future we'll have lots of home improvement before and after pics.

We've been incredibly blessed and I'm so thankful to God for giving us far beyond what we deserved or dreamed we could have! We are hoping we can use this house to glorify Him!

Hope you enjoyed! Happy Friday to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! What a lovely house! Everything looks new, too, which will be nice... The house we're moving back to is older so we still have lots of updating to do. It's a good thing Ethan's favorite stores are Menards and Lowes!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house guys. Its really great.

Sarah said...

Yay! Happy House Warming! :) You should have a PARTY! ;)

 
Images by Freepik