Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 28, 2009

Flavor of the Week

Let me just start by saying that I am not a huge fan of ice cream. I don't hate it, but it's just not one of those desserts that really gets me excited. In fact, I actually like having it around the house because it satisfies Dave's sweet tooth without tempting me to eat it.

I did go through a stage where I had a craving for ice cream. It lasted 9 months, and this is what I looked like at the end of it:
I know what you are thinking -- that's a lot of ice cream. Technically, it was only 17 pounds of ice cream...the other 8 was all baby :)

Anyway, given my general lack of taste for ice cream, Dairy Queen has never been a favorite of mine.

Enter the Midnight Truffle Blizzard.

The commercial has been making me salivate like Pavlov's dogs ever since it first aired and Sunday afternoon Dave and I decided to indulge.

We split one, but I knew after the first bite that this was one Blizzard I could actually finish on my own.

So I'm craving ice cream again...perhaps I should take a pregnancy test???

I kid, I kid...I guess I'll have to come up with another excuse to treat myself this summer :)

1 comment:

une autre mère said...

Hey Amy! I enjoyed meeting you last night too! Love your blog! It seriously made me want to run to the fridge for chocolate ice cream. Good thing I bought some yesterday! Also, I sent you an email (I think I got the right address...) to let you know that I totally forgot to give you your bag for doing a May party! I'll bring it by whenever works for you! Gotta go get that ice cream now...

 
Images by Freepik