"You won't regret it."
"You're doing a good thing."
"That's great you can do that...I don't think I could do it."
Lots of different reactions. But one comment I think I probably heard the most was, "Make sure you get out from time to time."
That one always made me chuckle a little inside. I know what they meant. They meant that every once in awhile I should probably make sure that I go out and talk to actual adults. And that I should socialize with someone besides my 7 month old from time to time. I totally get that. And believe me, there are days when I feel like I've been cooped up in the house a little too long.
But it was funny to me, because if anyone has the flexibility and the ability to "get out" it is a stay at home mom.
It especially makes me smile on days like today, when the sun is shining and the birds are singing, and I can lay out on a blanket in the middle of the afternoon and just soak it all in without having to worry about my inbox filling up or the meetings I'm missing or the amount of PTO days that I have left.
It's one of the perks of the job. Sure, I don't get paid any money, and I have to wipe spit up and clean diapers etc., etc.
But I set my own hours and manage myself. And on top of that, I get to spend quality time with my baby girl. It doesn't get any better than that :)
So if you're reading this and you're stuck in a cubicle or indoors typing away on a computer, I have one piece of advice for you: "Make sure you get out from time to time" :)
P.S. I am not trying to sound "smug" or make anyone feel bad about their job...I hope everyone knows that! I know not everybody can stay at home or has the desire to...I'm just sayin' there are some definite perks ;)
P.S.S. Because I know you all love pictures...here are a few of us enjoying the day!
With Daddy on his morning off...she was not too sure about the grass at first but I think she likes it now!
I couldn't get her to look directly at me because the sun was so bright!
I wish I could wear hats and look that cute :)

Lots of different reactions. But one comment I think I probably heard the most was, "Make sure you get out from time to time."
That one always made me chuckle a little inside. I know what they meant. They meant that every once in awhile I should probably make sure that I go out and talk to actual adults. And that I should socialize with someone besides my 7 month old from time to time. I totally get that. And believe me, there are days when I feel like I've been cooped up in the house a little too long.
But it was funny to me, because if anyone has the flexibility and the ability to "get out" it is a stay at home mom.
It especially makes me smile on days like today, when the sun is shining and the birds are singing, and I can lay out on a blanket in the middle of the afternoon and just soak it all in without having to worry about my inbox filling up or the meetings I'm missing or the amount of PTO days that I have left.
It's one of the perks of the job. Sure, I don't get paid any money, and I have to wipe spit up and clean diapers etc., etc.
But I set my own hours and manage myself. And on top of that, I get to spend quality time with my baby girl. It doesn't get any better than that :)
So if you're reading this and you're stuck in a cubicle or indoors typing away on a computer, I have one piece of advice for you: "Make sure you get out from time to time" :)
P.S. I am not trying to sound "smug" or make anyone feel bad about their job...I hope everyone knows that! I know not everybody can stay at home or has the desire to...I'm just sayin' there are some definite perks ;)
P.S.S. Because I know you all love pictures...here are a few of us enjoying the day!
Our "salsa garden", getting a little sun! The plants are growing! That's because I haven't touched them :)



2 comments:
I LOVE the lavendar lamb Lily is holding! :)
Isn't it cute? Guess where she got it? The people who used to own this house! They were so happy we bought their house that they sent us a thank you card and two toys for Lily -- no lie!
Post a Comment