Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 17, 2009

If Anyone Is Still Out There...

It's a fabulous Friday and...I have nothing to say. I'm sure this comes as no surprise to you given the fact that my last two posts were about sub sandwiches and rabbit poop. Really, I'd be surprised if anybody was still reading this :)

But if you have hung around...here are some random thoughts for the day:

  • I wish that pasty white skin was in. Or at best, I wish I really believed that I look better without a tan than with one. But I would be lying to myself. I like having a tan. I also like not having skin cancer. What's a girl to do?
  • An update on the decorating front -- here is a picture of our new couch and pillows! They aren't the same pillows I was looking at, but they're similar. I like them :) Remember that rug I couldn't decide on? We decided to take it back for now. And I'm super pumped because my friend Kim is in town! She worked for an interior design company before she became a stay at home mom and still does business on the side -- check out her website (click on her name in the paragraph above). She's going to try to help us decide what pieces of furniture to buy to complete the living room! She's awesome like that :)

  • Cutest Baby In The World Contest? She wins :)

The End. Happy Friday!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

SHE is CUTE! ;) And you won't get skin cancer unless you are super crazy about tanning, but I'm no dermatologist...get this, last, LAST Valentine's Day Jim got me 10 free tanning sessions while we were in MI. I was completely floored because, really...seriously, I don't want to get stoned as soon as I walk into the tanning place because, well, you know. :) I hate when people throw rocks at me in the summer and the only excuse I have to offer is "It's in the blood." :) Anyway, my Honey is SOOO thoughtful...here's the reason why he got me tanning sessions. I have CFS and a bit of FM - in which cases, your muscles ache and your body hurts and sometimes heat is the BEST thing for it. Bless his heart...I got a great tan in Feb (I know, I know...please don't throw rocks) and I FELT amazing for that time of year...normally late winter is the WORST for me...so, I think it was a great gift...all that to say, I looked into the whole cancer thing, cause I was pretty wary of it. I'd have to tan, like, twice a day for pretty much ever to get it...well, I dunno if that's totally true, but it made me feel a teensy bit better about the 10 tanning sessions I've ever had in my life, though. I might have moxioxa, though...that's my security word for this comment. It sounded like a good disease word. :)

P.S. I'll be gracing the pool lots this summer and even after Josefine's born...forget the pre-post baby weight...I want sun. :) You should join me!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

LOVE the pillows. LOVE them :)

 
Images by Freepik