On Sunday, I actually remarked to Dave how I liked having the occasional rainy day. I should have put more emphasis on the word occasional. This week has been a string of rainy and/or gray days and I must say it is a tad bit depressing. Isn't it amazing how much the weather can affect your mood? That is why I could never live in Seattle. Or London. Or Russia. Or Alaska. Or anyplace that has less than the average amount of sunlight at any given time of the year.
Enough talk about the weather! It's been awhile since I gave you an update on little Miss Lily and she is so much more fun to talk about, so here you go!
She is 7 1/2 months now and still growing like a weed! She "stands" with our help and it is so funny to see her that way -- it makes her seem so tall!
We haven't been to the doctor so I have no idea how long she is or how much she weighs, but judging from the crick I get in my neck when I hold her too long, I think she's gaining...either that or my arm muscles are getting smaller, which honestly would not surprise me :)
She is eating lots of veggies along with her rice cereal -- green beans were not a favorite, but sweet peas and sweet potatoes have been a hit so far. I still haven't made my own food, mostly because I am lazy but also because I want her to sample some of all the veggies before I go down that road.
Her favorite activity right now is to pull all her toys out of the basket. She could do this for hours. I just keep putting them back in and she has a grand ol' time pulling them out. Then she sits there surrounded by toys and gives me this look like, "Mom, I've got nothing to play with!"
This is the same look I give my husband when I'm in my closet surrounded by clothes and complaining I have nothing to wear. It starts early, people!
She is also getting a tooth! You can't see it very well yet, but you can feel it -- I am still nursing and believe me it is there. She learned quickly that she can not use Mommy as a teething ring!
She naps really well and usually the only time she really cries is when she gets stuck in the corner of the crib and can't figure out how to get out. It makes me laugh everytime -- I know, what a mean mom I am! She still loves me :)
One of my favorite things to do is to sneak in at night before I go to bed and peek at her while she is sleeping. She is so stinking cute and she looks so peaceful, it makes me just want to pick her up and cuddle with her!
Hopefully if the sun ever comes back from it's mini vaca, we will get to go outside and play with the neighbor kids!
Here are some pictures to bring some sunshine to your day! (Oh gag, I can't believe I just typed that! :)
Is that not the sweetest face you've seen today? (I know I'm biased, but I'm her mommy, it's part of the job :)
Happy Friday!!



2 comments:
Lily is absolutely beautiful, Amy!
Thanks Sonya! I've been peeking at your pictures on Facebook and your family is beautiful as well!
Post a Comment