We did a lot of hanging out and working in the yard and around the house.
Saturday morning Dave had a basketball game and Lily and I were in attendance to cheer him on. It is church league semi-finals and it is SERIOUS BUSINESS :) I'm happy to report that his team won and they will advance to the finals next Saturday. I can barely contain my excitement :) Really though, Dave loves playing basketball and I'm so glad he gets the opportunity to do so!
Sunday morning our pastor spoke from the book of Ephesians and gave an excellent message about the family. God really convicted me about a few areas in my life, and I'll post more on that later this week, when I've really had time to let it all sink in.
After dinner, I took a glorious nap. You know it's been a good nap when you wake up with lines imprinted in your face and drool on the pillowcase...hypothetically speaking :) Then I rolled up my sleeves and did a little cooking.
I have an overabundance of pregnant friends and two of them have had babies recently so we are taking them meals this week, one on Monday and one on Friday. As always, I turned to my collection of recipes from my mom, the Super Cook. I love to make her recipe for Barbeque Meatballs -- it makes a ginormous batch so I can easily get two meals out if it. Plus, it's award winning -- she won a recipe contest with it years ago -- for real! And I thought I would share the recipe with you all, so you too can partake of it's goodness :)
-1 (13 oz) can evaporated milk
-3 lb. ground beef
-2 cups quick oatmeal
-2 eggs
-1 cup chopped onion (or onion powder to taste)
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
-2 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. pepper
-2 tsp. chili powder
**Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. The best way to do this is to use your hands -- don't be squirmy, just scrub your hands and nails before and after, and dig in!
Shape the mixture into golf size balls and place in a 9 x 13 pan. You should actually fill two of these pans (I told you it was a ginormous recipe!)
-3 lb. ground beef
-2 cups quick oatmeal
-2 eggs
-1 cup chopped onion (or onion powder to taste)
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
-2 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. pepper
-2 tsp. chili powder
**Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. The best way to do this is to use your hands -- don't be squirmy, just scrub your hands and nails before and after, and dig in!
Finally mix the sauce.Barbeque Sauce:
-2 cups ketchup
-1 1/2 cups brown sugar
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
-2 Tbsp. liquid smoke
-1/2 cup chopped onion (or onion powder to taste)
-1 1/2 cups brown sugar
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
-2 Tbsp. liquid smoke
-1/2 cup chopped onion (or onion powder to taste)
At this point I realized I was in trouble because I needed 2 cups of ketchup...and we only had about 1/2 cup. So I made a Wal-Mart run.
And no, I did not fix my hair or try to cover up the lines on my face or change out of my mustard yellow t-shirt and navy blue athletic pants. I was like a walking episode of What Not To Wear.
But I thought, "All I need is ketchup. I'm not going to see anyone I know." HA! I should know by now that YOU ALWAYS SEE SOMEONE YOU KNOW. I ran into 3 different people within about 10 seconds of walking in the door. It's too bad really, because, you know, previous to this I have been known as somewhat of a fashion plate around town. I hate to have shattered that image *cough*
Anyway, so once you mix all the sauce ingredients, pour this over the meatballs in the pan. Bake them in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour (or until meatballs are no longer pink in the middle).
That's it! When I'm making this recipe for just Dave and I, I only make half of the sauce. Then I bake one pan of meatballs and freeze the other one for later! We like to eat this with cheesy potatoes -- yum!
Wow -- for a weekend of doing nothing, this post was quite lengthy!
Hope you all are having a fantastic Monday!
And no, I did not fix my hair or try to cover up the lines on my face or change out of my mustard yellow t-shirt and navy blue athletic pants. I was like a walking episode of What Not To Wear.
But I thought, "All I need is ketchup. I'm not going to see anyone I know." HA! I should know by now that YOU ALWAYS SEE SOMEONE YOU KNOW. I ran into 3 different people within about 10 seconds of walking in the door. It's too bad really, because, you know, previous to this I have been known as somewhat of a fashion plate around town. I hate to have shattered that image *cough*
Anyway, so once you mix all the sauce ingredients, pour this over the meatballs in the pan. Bake them in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour (or until meatballs are no longer pink in the middle).
That's it! When I'm making this recipe for just Dave and I, I only make half of the sauce. Then I bake one pan of meatballs and freeze the other one for later! We like to eat this with cheesy potatoes -- yum!
Wow -- for a weekend of doing nothing, this post was quite lengthy!
Hope you all are having a fantastic Monday!



4 comments:
I love those meatballs. We make that recipe fairly often. It is so nice because it freezes so well and all you have to do is make the sauce and throw it in the oven.
I'm sure I'm totally missing it, but I'm not seeing the recipe for the bbq meatballs. I would love to make them...would you mind sharing the recipe?
Oops Becky! I didn't realize that when I posted this originally I had a different background and the recipe text was in white! So you couldn't see it! I fixed it :)
Post a Comment