Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 10, 2009

Not Your Average Love Song

I'm just gonna come right out and admit it...I like country music. It's a unique genre of music that, despite it's often twangy vocals, appeals to me on several levels. I like that the lyrics often tell a story. I like that the artists usually don't take themselves too seriously. And I like the wide variety of songs -- sentimental songs about the quirks of growing up in a small town, goofy songs dedicated to how much they love their tractor or their pick up truck, sweet songs about kids, patriotic songs about living in America, and love songs.

Oh, the country love song.

Every once in awhile I'll hear one of those songs and think, "How sweet. I wish my husband would've written that song about me."

Take this one, for example:

Or this:


Sweet, right? What woman wouldn't want her guy to croon those lyrics about her?

Then the other day, I heard a new one.


I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say this guy's girlfriend wasn't all too happy about having this song written about her.

Don't get me wrong -- I think it's sweet that he loves his gal for who she is and doesn't expect her to look like a supermodel.

Believe me, I'm thankful Dave loves me in spite of my love handles and cellulite but for heaven's sake, I do not want him dedicating a song to my muffin top.

And if this is your idea of a romantic love song, I hate to say it but....you might be a redneck ;)

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik