Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Aug 21, 2009

Photo Booth Friday

Today's photo is a "moving picture" if you will. I was attempting to get Lily to wave "Hi" on camera. We were not successful.

In the beginning, you will see her telling herself "No. Uck!" because she has just touched the trash can, and that is what I always tell her when she does that. At the end, I get her to nod her head "Yes".

Please note, if you are not related to me, you probably won't find this as cute as I do.

Also, I did not know my voice was so annoying. Why didn't somebody tell me? Note to self: stop talking while videotaping.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

she is too funny.....and tall holy buckets, she's tall. Approximately how tall is she?

Amy said...

You are like, the bazillionth person just this week to tell me how tall she is -- she must have been doing some growing lately!

And I'm not sure how tall she is...ballpark guess...27 inches? I think that was maybe what she was at her last appointment -- so maybe more than that...I'm not sure...does that make me a horrible mother? :)

Joel said...

She is so cute! She looks like a little gymnist rolling around like that - so flexible! Did she get that from you? :) just teasin. Maybe from Aunt Molly.
I can't believe how big she's getting!

une autre mère said...

So cute! I love how she's just rolling all around!

And no, your voice isn't annoying, but I know what you mean. Every time I hear myself on home video talking to my babies, I can't believe that sound is coming out of MY mouth! But to me, you just sound like a normal, sweet mommy.

Amy said...

Beck -- the flexibility thing -- definitely not from me :) But Aunt Molly would be so proud :)

And Katie (Brooks) I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates listening to their own voice :)

This Heavenly Life said...

So cute! And I think we all agree that our own voices are highly annoying on video. Especially when talking to our babies...in baby-friendly voices...ugh. My husband and I have a pact not to get our feelings hurt if, while filming, one of us makes the 'hand-slashing-neck' movement to get the other one to shut the heck up!

 
Images by Freepik