Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 2, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...

Even though it's not "officially" the first day of fall, the weather around here has been unseasonably cool and it's got me thinking about the changing of the seasons.

Fall is easily one of my favorites. Last year I spent most of the season in a fog of sleep deprivation and new baby hormones, and before I knew it, winter was upon me. But not this year!

Here's a list of some of the things I'm looking forward to enjoying this fall:
  • Crisp cool mornings

  • Friday night football games

  • Pumpkin Spice lattes

  • Gorgeous trees

  • Sweatshirts and sweaters

  • Stepping on crunchy leaves

  • A visit to the pumpkin patch

  • Dressing Lily up for Halloween (we've got some big plans for her and her friend Jaxon :)

  • Eating Lily's Halloween candy

  • Bonfires and s'mores

  • The "smell" of fall in the air

  • Raking leaves

  • Lily's first birthday!

  • Putting out fall decorations

  • The premiere of The Office

That's what I'm looking forward to! What about you?

2 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Tailgating at a football game *ahem*
The smell of burning leaves....love it..
Halloween, oh yes....
The return of decent television...
Hoodies & long sleeves
Fall pictures of the boys....
Chili and warm apple pies....
Legitimately wearing browns, dark reds, oranges...pretty fall colors

That's just the short list :) I LOVE fall :)

Megan Epley said...

Amy, I could copy and paste your list! You reminded me of how much I love fall! Pumpkin spice lattes are my favorite! I diasagree with Katie about the burning leaves thing but am anxiously awaiting some good tv!

 
Images by Freepik