Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 30, 2009

Random Dozen #3

It's Random Dozen Time again! {Does this picture make anyone else crave donuts or is it just me?}

  1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie. I like to be cozy under a blanket snuggling with my hubby on our couch.

  2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be? Not all the time, but yes I have given it some thought. I've actually thought a lot about what songs I would want to have sung -- is that weird? I'd want it to include a crystal clear presentation of the gospel and be a celebration of the fact that I'm home with Jesus. And I'd want them to sing "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord". It's one of my favorite songs, and a great worship song to sing in a time of suffering!
     
  3. Are you more of a giver or a taker? I like giving gifts but I'd be lying if I didn't say I like receiving them equally...or more. My selfishness is a part of the flesh that I am CONSTANTLY struggling with.
     
  4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?A little of both! For me, vacation is all about relaxing so I like to have options of things to do -- but not necessarily a scheduled itinerary.

     
  5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?I'm with Rachel on this one -- the ceiling fans. I got one of those nifty Swiffer extendo-dusters in the hopes that it would help me remember to dust up there every week.
     
  6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.Our church has an incredible ministry called Wee Ones that reaches out to needy families in our area. All year we collect baby and maternity items and then one day in September we have a giant giveaway. Needy people line up from all over line up and wait for hours to come and receive things for their babies that they desperately need. The BEST part is that each and every person who walks through the doors of the church is given a Bible and sits down to talk with someone who gives them a clear presentation of the gospel. Meeting their physical needs in this way has opened up incredible doors for opportunities to reach these people spiritually!
     
  7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly? Are there really people who eat peanut butter and jelly without the jelly? I must have jelly. Although I do like peanut butter and honey as well.

  8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous? When I'm nervous I make it my goal to not have ANY AWKWARD SILENCES which means I talk a lot and fast and I often find myself saying things all the while thinking ("Shut up, Shut up, SHUT UP!").

  9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies? Pretty much just the basics.

  10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog? Not that I can think, no.

  11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree? It's funny you should ask...the answer is yes, I have been told I look like a particular celebrity several times, especially recently:

Very large male stranger in the grocery store approaches me pointing his finger: Julia Stiles! Julia Stiles!

Me (uneasily): Huh?

Stranger: You look just like Julia Stiles!

*********

Random waiter at a nice Italian restaurant: You look like that girl! That girl in the movie, with the dancing. And that other movie with the teenagers!

Me: Uh...Julia Stiles?

Waiter: Yeah Julia Stiles! That's who you look like!

********

Cashier at Target: "Has anyone ever told you that you look like..."

Me: Julia Stiles? Yes, I've been told.

Cashier: Yeah, Julia Stiles! It's uncanny!

Uncanny? Really? I don't know if I'd go that far. In fact, I don't really think I look like her at all -- you be the judge:
Me


Julia Stiles

I mean, I guess we do both have blonde hair. And you know us blondes, we all pretty much look the same :)


I did have a friend in high school who looked uncannily like Julia Stiles, and I would show you her picture except that I haven't talked to her in several years and I don't know that she'd appreciate me plastering her face all over the Internet. Just trust me on this one though, if anyone looked like Julia Stiles, it was Jodi...not me.


12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated? This isn't something I've given a ton of thought to, but I absolutely love the song "Then" by Brad Paisley, and I would dedicate it to my husband because it makes me think of him every single time I hear it.


Visit Linda for more Random Dozens!
Photobucket

17 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

I love your random dozen answers :) I've been told I look like Renee Zellweger before, and I'm very confused by this. She's blond, I'm not; She's petite, I'm lanky; she's squinty, I don't *think* I am. People are funny.

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

I love that song.....
and you make me laugh {shut up, Shut up, SHUT UP}...Too funny :)

Marissa Kaye said...

when i was in high school, i got the julia stiles comment (back when i had longer blonde hair)... now that its short and dark, i get "do i know you from somewhere?"... sorry, probably not, i dont know too many people in indiana!

also, i love--i repeat, love--plain PB sandwiches ;)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

You do Marissa? I guess I never thought of having a sandwich with JUST PB but now I'm thinking I should give it a try :)

And I think I can see a resemblance between you and Julia Stiles -- you look a lot more like her than I do!

Mocha with Linda said...

Well, Julia's a lot cuter than Ted. I'll trade ya!

Joel said...

I remember when that guy on the elevator at Wells Fargo told you that you look like Julia Stiles :)

Jamie said...

I'm with you...what's a pb&j without the j? Although, I do like peanut butter with other stuff as well. Honey. Syrup. Pickles. Bananas.

This Heavenly Life said...

Second comment of the day, sorry :)

I LOVE plain peanut butter sandwiches. It's not even in the same category as PB&J in my mind. Simpler and less sweet. But sooo satisfying.

Also, your comment about the picture of donuts? I'm pretty much always thinking about donuts...On these days when so many people are posting their Random Dozen answers, I drool a little. Not much.

Sarah said...

Haha...I googled Julia Stiles before I saw that you included a picture of her/you. ;) And I was like, "Totally." :)

Julie said...

I'm with you on #8. I do the fast talking when I get nervous too.

Megan Epley said...

I had never thought Julia Stiles before but now I see a resemblance.

In high school people used to frequently tell me I looked like Denise Richards. Hadn't gotten that for awhile but recently my dentist told me that too.

Anonymous said...

LOL at #8, the whole "Shut up!" thing.

I can kinda see the Julia Stiles thing. Maybe if you smiled w/ your lips closed like she does, the resemblance would be stronger.

Michelle said...

I love that song.....whenever i hear Then I always think about my hubby too.

oh, and yes,seeing that pictures always makes me want a donut!

Katie Casey said...

Have you ever tried Peanut Butter & Bananas (one of Elvis Presley's favorites I'm told)? They are quite tasty and I think healthy (fruit, right?)!

And for what it's worth, I agree with you about Jodi. ;-)

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

So...did the Swiffer duster thing help you remember to dust the ceiling fans? Just curious as to whether it is worth it.


BTW, I gave you an award today! :D

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Megan...I think you look like Denise Richards.....and an actress on the young & the restless...i saw her in a commercial i swear.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Megan -- Denise Richards -- yes!

 
Images by Freepik