Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 23, 2009

Random Dozen Numero Dos

 


It's time again for the Wednesday Random Dozen with Linda! Last week was so much fun I decided to link up again. If you have a blog, you should too -- I'd love to hear all your answers! Here we go:

  1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share. Oh, you don’t want to see pictures. Just imagine a short, scrawny skinny knobby kneed thin girl with some…unfortunate hair. Memories...let's see... well in my 7th grade choir class someone set one of the girls hair on fire with a lighter. That was pretty interesting.

  2. What's your favorite Beatles song? Um…I hate to say this…to some this probably seems sacrilegious…but I don’t…have one. To be honest, I don’t know if I can even name one for sure. “Hey Jude” comes to mind -- is that the Beatles? You see? I don’t even know. **Please don’t hate me**
     
  3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be? If we’re just judging on comfort here and fashion isn’t figured into the equation AT.ALL…anything with an elastic waist band and some sort of loose fitting top. So basically...anything from my maternity wardrobe. Sounds pretty sexy, huh?
     
  4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest? I like hosting -- but I think I like being a guest more. Less responsibility and less worry -- more time to enjoy the company you’re with.
     
  5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that? I don’t know -- I think it’s definitely headed in that direction -- I’ve never read a digital book so I can’t say for sure if I’d like it or not.
     
  6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing? Well…I guess I’m sort of a combo of all three -- but I’m probably mostly an experiential. I’m very visual.
     
  7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?) Well, on the spiritual side of things -- if  he wasn't a fellow believer that is an immediate no. On the more superficial side...any guy shorter than me. Nothing against short guys, I'm just on the tall side for a girl and I've always been self conscious about it. Dave is the perfect height :)
     
  8. Snacks. Salty or sweet? Both. Sometimes together. Candy corn with peanuts is one of my favorite fall treats.
     
  9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there? Well…this is sad…but my 5 lb. weights. They’ve been collecting dust sitting next to my 30 Day Shred DVD. Do I have to tell you how long they’ve been there?
     
  10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie? Ack. Again, at the risk of being ostracized from the culture at large…I don’t have one. The only Tom Cruise movie I’ve ever seen was War of the Worlds. So there, I guess it’s War of the Worlds.
     
  11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle? Use it to shave my legs. My mom taught me that trick when I was in middle school -- conditioner is really better but shampoo will work too and it’s much cheaper than shaving cream.
  12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.) A big pot of steaming hot chili…mmm…. 
Once again, thanks Linda! I don’t know how you come up with such fun questions every week!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Funny....you REALLY don't know any Beatles songs?! REALLY? Yes, Hey Jude is the Beatles.
But I'm with you on Tom Cruise....I honestly....don't think I've seen one of his movies. :)
Fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

I remember when Katie's hair was set on fire. I was standing next to her. It was crazy. Thanks for the flash back.

Danae Hudson said...

I don't think you need to feel ostracized over Tom Cruise. I've only seen Mission Impossible. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great tip on the shampoo! I never thought of that! :)

Joyce said...

I've been plugging away at the 30 day shred...my husband teases me and says I'm the only person taking 90 days to do a 30 day workout. And may I just say I despise the 30 day shred. On the plus side I seem to be getting my waist back.

Skoots1moM said...

hair on fire with a lighter: wow, that's a visual...ouch!


don't worry, we won't...but you do need to listen to some of their older work...much bettter...**Please don’t hate me**

enjoying the company you’re with IS the most important thing :)

I'm so gonna try Candy corn with peanuts now.

collecting dust is one of my hobbies, too.

The only Tom Cruise movie I’ve ever seen was War of the Worlds. Girl...you've GOT to watch TOP GUN!

Thanks for the shaving cream idea.

Chelsea said...

Wait. I'm sorry. You haven't seen Top Gun???? Please oh please watch that movie. Please.

Jewel said...

It seems the majority of us aren't too "into" Tom Cruise movies. You have seen 1 more than me! HA.

I too know the trick of shaving my legs with conditioner! What a deal.

Jewel said...

Oh, and I'm also self-concious about being taller, though I actually caught a shorter guy and I am more than content with him. :)

une autre mère said...

Okay, so I hope this doesn't age me, but I was a Tom Cruise fan before he got all weird. So to help you out a little on the movies...

Yes, Top Gun is a MUST! Rain Man, A Few Good Men, Mission Impossible, Jerry Maguire, Far and Away, The Firm. Valkyrie... just to name a few.

BTW, I love your random dozen! You're so witty and it's fun learning so much about you. :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

cute blog! your little girl is adorable :)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

I am so with you on "the most comfortable outfit." Nothing like some pj's & lounge clothes :)!!

H-Mama said...

hey, cute blog yourself. ;) seems we travel in some of the same circles here. great ladies. :)

we have some things in common, but the fact that no one seems to be too familiar with tom cruise makes me feel a bit... old? nah... can't be that.

nice to meet you... your daughter is beautiful!

Jerralea said...

Chili is one of my favorite fall comfort foods, too...

And thanks for reminding me that I love candy corn with peanuts!

 
Images by Freepik