I'll admit, most of the women's costumes are a bit much -- which is why I never watch it with my husband around. But the dancing? IN-CRED-I-BLE!
Not that I'm much of a dancing critic. I mean, I probably know as much about dancing as I know about field dressing a deer which is to say that I know nothing at all.
I don't know -- maybe that's why it is so fascinating for me to watch -- because I know that I would neverinamillionyears be able to move my feet that fast while wearing shoes with heels the size of the Eiffel Tower.
Honestly though, sometimes I wish I knew how to dance.
Like, every once in awhile I'll hear a song and something inside of me just wants to MOVE. Let me tell you though -- there are a lot of wonderful things you learn growing up as a Baptist preacher's daughter but dancing is not one of them. I'd love to think that I could do it if I tried, but I'm afraid it would just end up looking something like this:
*Sigh*
I guess I'll just stick to watching other people dance.
But don't think for a second that I haven't considered buying this:
Do you think it would help?
Yeah, me neither.




11 comments:
I've always wanted to get Turbo Jam! :) Maybe we should do it together?
I love watching that show too. I got really into it last season - but I haven't been watching it this year because I didn't want to watch it with Joel (skanky outfits). Dancing is one thing I really wish I was good at. I'm good in my head - but it just doesn't come out like I think it will :)
Reading this made me think of when I was a teen my mom got the "sweating to the oldies" workout video. I remember doing it with her and we spent more time rolling on the floor laughing at each other than we did working out. ***aha**** good times :)
Blessings,
Amy
Makes me think of the movie Hitch, when he's teaching Kevin James how to dance and Will Smith is teaching him the 'step-together' thing and like "This is where you live, right here"......funny stuff.
A guy I went to HS w/ auditioned for SYTYCD....He used that abbrev on his FB so its legit ;)
Hopefully see you tonight....stilllll working out the details. but i'm crossin my fingers :)
I laughed at your Baptist comment. I too grew up Baptist and have no clue how to dance :)
My favorite show as a kid was "FAME!" So, I grew up loving to dance...and everytime I hear good dancin' music. It's hard to resist, I admit. ;) I'd say Dancing is a super-fantastic (and fun) work out. :) In college, some of us gals who didn't have dates on Friday would have a "Friday Night Fever" breakdown where those of us who knew how to dance from our...previous lives...would teach those who have never danced a step...it was so.much.fun! :) Anywhoo...
Beck -- the reason I started thinking about this was last night at our small group we played the Newlywed Game -- one of the questions was "What is one thing your wife would never want you to see her do" or something like that and Dave said dance, then proceeded to tell everyone about that dance we made up in college -- someone said he should find the video and put in on YouTube -- oh horror of horrors!!!!
Sarah -- maybe you could teach me how to dance?
Katie -- please come see me :)
Jamie -- yeah...Baptist don't dance :)
And Amy -- "Sweating to the Oldies" -- the commercial for that always makes me giggle :)
I love DWS too! I wish that they would let regular people like me and you on there. I would definitely apply. But then I guess they couldn't call it dancing with the stars...well there goes our dream.
I definitely want to see the video on here of the dance you and your hubby made during college. Please???
So you're Elaine too? Glad I'm not the only one. :)
Ugh. I know what you mean. I want so BADLY to know how to dance. I have pretty good rhythm, but all ability stops there. Coordination is not my forte. But when a dancin' song comes on, I wish I could just break it down!
You know that Miley Cyrus song? "So I put my hands up, they're playin my song, the butterflies fly away, I'm movin my hips - like YEAH -" and then I forget the rest? I LOVE that song for it's good beat. I always want to dance when it's on. Too bad I lose my breath after the first chorus and nearly fall over in the process. Poor ol' Miley doesn't know she's causing that kind of cardiac stress to stay at home moms :)
Oh my word Sarah! That is so, so funny -- because as I was typing this and talking about songs that make me want to dance that Miley Cyrus song is the VERY song I was thinking about!
Haha! I didn't become a baptist until I was 17, and I swear ALL ability to dance immediately left me the moment I did!
Oh, and I have Turbo Jam - it's more kickboxing than anything. You could totally do it. ;)
Post a Comment