
- If you could master one sport, what would it be?
Definitely volleyball. I played from 6th grade all the way through my freshman year of college. I was decent, but never a standout player, but oh my did I LOVE to play {still do}. If I could play the way I've always wanted to, it would just be that much more enjoyable.
- When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision? Research, research, research. Almost to the point where it's annoying :)
- There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
I've actually been asked this question before and it's a bit of an inside joke {which I do not care to share on here} but I know this is going to make some of my college girlfriends giggle (right Beck? :) Anyway. I have a good one -- Marie Rockville. I consider Rockville to be the street I grew up on, although my parents actually moved when I was in college -- but Marie North Ninth just doesn't have the same ring to it ;)
- Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
Umm..music? No, food. I don't know. Neither.
- There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
Pristine yellow please :) I don't like the mushy-ness of ripe bananas. When they get that way, they go straight intothe trashsome banana bread.
- Your favorite tree is?
Hmm...never thought about that. There are some trees in front of the middle school where I used to work that are GORGEOUS though. I don't know what they're called, but they have these beautiful flowers in the spring and then turn vibrant red and orange in the fall. I'd like to plant one in our front yard to replace this tree.
- On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
I'd say 5. Truthfully, I think I do a good job of looking like I know more than I do. I don't have a lot of technical knowledge, but if I want to do something, I can usually just mess around with it until I figure it out. But I don't think that anyone who takes 10 minutes to write a 5 word text message can really consider themselves a "techie" can they?
- Has H1N1 touched your family? Nope, not even my extended family has had it {knock on wood}
- Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing? Analytical. Again, sometimes almost to the point that it's annoying.
- Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
Um...never thought about that. I don't think I'm uppity the way a cat is...but I'm not quite happy go lucky like a dog. So I guess by default that would make me a koala...but what kind of personality does a koala have?
- Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
Does keeping touch include Facebook? Because if so, then yes. I have over 400 friends I am keeping in touch with :)
I do have several very close friends from college who I keep in touch with regularly. We try to get together at least once a year and we email a lot.
- You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
I'm kind of quirky about the grocery store. I blame it on the fact that I worked at one for 5 years in high school/college. When I pick a line, I like there to be at least one person ahead of me so I have time to organize my items on the conveyor belt {I know, am I a nerd or what?}
I just remember always appreciating it when I was sacking groceries and people would have their stuff grouped with like items together. Frozen, cold, eggs with bread, meat, canned goods. It makes it easier to sack.
It's ok. You can make fun of me. Dave does :)
Happy Wednesday!



17 comments:
I am a STICKLER (where stickler equals fellow geek) about organizing my items on the conveyor belt. I try very hard to keep boxes together, toiletries together, cans, dairy, etc. Which is why I get so frustrated when they bag them in total random patterns. I mean, I HAD it all organized! And you managed to pack bananas with cans? What?!
Speaking of bananas, pristine, almost green are the best. Definitely.
I dropped the North on my name ;)
We have some fairly similar answers.....not to mention...did you copy me when you wrote the title of yours ;)
OK, you are NOT weird. I organize my stuff on the conveyor belt too!
(OK, maybe we're both weird. Still. it makes so much more sense to group like things, doesn't it?)
Sarah and Rachel I am SO glad to know I'm not the only 'weird' one! If I'm going to be weird, at least I have company :)
And nope Katie, I drafted mine last night so not copying you, promise :) I haven't even read yours yet :)
I am grocery store weird like that too. My first job was at a grocery store and it makes it much easier to have all the boxes together, then can foods, then frozen, then produce. I am with you!!!
Blessings,
Amy
well hello marie rockville! heehee
i used to love playing those little games in school.
You would be SO proud. Hubs and I {both} organize our food on the conveyor belt. ;)
from another conveyor belt organizer...neat answers :D
You had me at "I organize..."
I heart you! I am totally the same way. I have been known to yell, gently tell, the bagger I will bag my own items. ;)
Another organizer here! I'm so glad I'm not the only one... looks like there are a lot of us here! My biggest problem now is that my 4 year old wants to put stuff on the belt and of course she never puts them in the right spot. I just try to keep from "correcting" her mistake, but it's...just...sooo...hard...
That's great, your answers are totally me! I'm so anal and analytical. Ugh! #7 cracked me up too. People ask me about my blog and I'm thinking gee I don't even know how to tweet and yet I'm giving tech advice. Wierd. Goes to the research item.... Ack I can't stop with the nerdiness.
p.s. I love your blog name.
These are so fun. :) Fun to get to know you better.
I organize my items on the conveyor belt too.... and I'm also quite analytical... might there be a connection between the two? ;)
Marie Rockville - not bad, maybe a stage name?!
I organize my groceries on the conveyor belt and invariably the checker grabs randomly-not in any order. Drives me crazy! Sometimes I think there should be a course for packing groceries. Love the checkers who just "get it!" Sounds like you were one of them!
Oh how I miss you Marie Rockville North Ninth :) Can't wait until we can get together again!
Oh I must have my items grouped appropriately. My hubs makes fun too but I don't mind. I avoid certain lines because of the checker.
I just went to Target this morning, I was organizing my items when I noticed that Ethan was also helping organize like items! Poor Kid:) I smiled, but I do feel a tiny bit sorry that he has such a weird mother;)
Post a Comment