Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 8, 2009

All {Mama} Wants For Christmas…

So…I normally don’t blog twice in one day…

…and I swear to you I don’t spend all day on my computer…

…but I saw this fun giveaway from Today’s Mama on Rachel’s blog and couldn’t resist entering.

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
Well, since we’re following our new little formula, I’ve got four:

SOMETHING I WANT:

  • Hobby Lobby Gift Card – I’ll take one of everything they have in the store please :)
    locations

  • SOMETHING I NEED:

    • Oxo Pop Top Storage Containers – we’re defining “need” pretty loosely, but if you’ve seen the state our pantry is in, I think you’d agree that this qualifies.
      OXO Good Grips 1165600 5-Piece POP Container Set

      SOMETHING TO WEAR:
    • Gap Long and Lean Jeans, Dark Wash-- {size 6 Long in case anyone is interested in purchasing them for me ;) }


      SOMETHING TO READ:
    • Subscription to All You magazine – one of my favorite magazines, it’s entertaining without dragging your mind through the gutter, {read nothing like Cosmo} and full of useful information. Plus it has loads and loads of coupons! Score!
      All You (1-year)
    • The Pioneer Woman Cooks – I’m particularly interested in her selection of what she calls “man-pleasin’” recipes. So is Dave :)
      The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl


    2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
    This might be horrible – but I can’t think of any!

    3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
    I don’t know if I’d say I’ve always wanted to tackle this but I’ve been eyeing this Envelope Photo Book for awhile. I’m not very crafty though so I doubt it’d turn out like that.

    4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
    I’ll never forget when I got my first cell phone. I was a senior in high school, and when I tore off the wrapping paper and saw the cell phone box I just thought it was an empty box my parent’s were using to put a different gift in. I was so excited when I realized they were actually giving me a phone!

    Funny how now it’s pretty standard for every middle school student to have a cell phone.
     
    5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
    She’s 1– she’ll be happy if we let her play with the wrapping paper and bows. Here’s what I want to get her :)

    6. What is your favorite holiday food?
    I like it all :)

    Honestly though? I think I like all the fun appetizers and dips more than the sweet stuff.

    7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
    This sort of assumes that I’m hand-crafting something which I am not. But I’d like to try to make this Advent calendar next year.

    Come to think of it…I should probably just start it now, it’ll probably take me all year to finish…

    8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
    I have so many, it’s hard to choose! I love the {clean, edited TV version} of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Rudolph. Frosty. White Christmas. And last year I watched It’s a Wonderful Life for the first time. Good flick! ;)

    9. Favorite holiday song?
    Again, I have so many, it’s hard to pick just one!

    Hymn:
    Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne and O Holy Night {Point of Grace’s arrangement of this is amazing}

    Modern Song:
    Joseph’s Lullaby {Mercy Me} and Welcome to Our World {Chris Rice}

    Secular: It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas and White Christmas

    10. Favorite holiday pastime?
    Well apart from the time we have to relax and spend time with our families, I love putting up the Christmas tree. When I was a kid we always decorated the tree the day after Thanksgiving. We would play Christmas music and drink egg nog and then when it was all done, we’d always sit around the tree and listen to my dad read us the Christmas story from the Bible. I want to carry that tradition on for our kids in our family!

    I also love looking at Christmas lights!

    And the children’s Christmas program at church!

    And the Christmas Eve service!

    Have I mentioned that Christmas is my favorite holiday? :)

    Check out Today’s Mama to see how you can join the giveaway fun too!

    3 comments:

    une autre mère said...

    Fun post! I also love All You! The coupons definitely pay for the magazine!

    I totally want to make that advent calendar now too!

    I bet you're excited for when Lily's in the church Christmas program! You'll probably cry like I did.

    H-Mama said...

    This looks like a fun meme.

    All You is great! If I subscribed to something, that would be it.

    Hobby Lobby rocks. I practically have one in my back yard! I'll take one of everything too. ;)

    Oh... and I'll simply take being a size 6 again. These 15 lbs are killer. Ugh!

    Loved reading your answers. ;)

    Anonymous said...

    I'm just going to pretend that you DIDN'T just have a baby and that you DIDN'T just ask for size 6 jeans.

    I'm going to pretend that because if it were actually true I'd be depressed. :)

     
    Images by Freepik