Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 9, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow…

I hated getting in October….

….and I will be SO over it in January…

…but right now…

…with the fireplace on…

…and the Christmas music playing…

…a cup of hot cocoa to warm my hands…

Miscellaneous Winter 002

…and my feet snug in my slippers…

…this snow is making me feel downright MERRY!!

Miscelleneous Winter 09 020

The National Weather Service is calling it “an epic, historic storm.”

Close to 14 inches fell in some places {We’ve got at LEAST that much just on our back porch.}

They’ve pulled the snow plows off the road because it’s too dangerous for them to be out.

My hubby is home from work and we plan on spending a cozy day at home ‘cuz we are

SNOWED IN!!!

12 comments:

Emily said...

your scene looks beautiful!!

This Heavenly Life said...

I am way jealous! We got some flurries this morning, and they were beautiful...but I'd love to be snowed in :(

Enjoy your cozy day!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

We just missed the "storm of the century" - We only got about 4 inches. I'm sure the weather man is super upset, he was pretty excited yesterday. =)

Oh well, I still made it to work safe and sound and the snow looks pretty on the ground. =)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

bah humbug. I guess I would be more merry about the whole thing if it were a novelty to have my hubby home from work....alas, it is not and he MAY have worked all 5 days this week. ah well.....
let it snow let it snow let it snow.
ps......i wanna see the fireplace!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Your hot chocolate looks so good! We've enjoyed being snowed in, too!

said...

The snow looks soooo pretty!! I dream of having a white Christmas one day...and not just snow flurries!

Jamie said...

You make all that snow sound so enjoyable! I'm craving some hot chocolate now.

nault's nook said...

you can send some snow our way!!!!

H-Mama said...

Beautiful. I want to move now. ;)

Kelly said...

How fun!! We never get that much snow here in AL!

Anonymous said...

That coco looks pretty great right now. It's freezing outside here, though we didn't get a ton of snow.

Anonymous said...

I am a wee bit jealous. It was 80 degrees here the day you posted this. :)

 
Images by Freepik