Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 28, 2009

Jillian would kill me…

…if she knew how much I ate this week.

We’ve been in New York – I didn’t want to say anything till we returned – you know, Internet crazies and all of that ;)

My mother-in-law is a fantastic cook and I think her goal is to never let you experience even the slightest hunger pang while you are at her house.

We ate three cheese chicken penne that looked like this…

Authentic New York pizza and wings that looked like this…

Turkey, stuffing, and all the works that looked like this…

And now my belly looks like this…

Oops, wait, that was wishful thinking. It looks more like this…

Yeah. It looks like I’m pregnant…with a food baby.

So now we’re home. I’d love to give you a recap but I’ve got suitcases to unpack and a mountain of laundry to climb so I’d better get to it.

Hope you all had a merry Christmas! A more in-depth post and pictures to come…I’m sure you’ll be hanging on the edge of your proverbial seat :)

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know the feeling. But, Jillian will make me pay next week.

You were in New York too? Didn't know that.

Jamie said...

New York?!?! How fun! All that food looks so good.

Summer said...

Had to laugh!! -I think it was yesterday I thought the same thing; it literally looks like I'm pregnant. Awful.

Catholic Mutt said...

Yeah, I always tell myself that calories don't count over the holidays... and then the scale always tells me how horribly wrong I am. But all the cookies and pie I ate sure were delicious!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

That pasta looks so good.....Applebees? Sounds like you had fun :)

said...

I can't think of a better place than New York to splurge on some yummy food!! Hope you had a blast! :-)

peter marie said...

Christmas in New York sounds amazing!!

Oh, and Jillian. I have her workout too...and I'm scared....Yikes!

But I'm sure all the food was worth it!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Nope, not Applebee's Katie -- Dave's mom made it! She found a copycat recipe and OH MY WORD was it amazing! Just as good as Applebee's. I will be adding that to my repetoire :)

Michelle said...

haha! food baby! love it!
that pasta dish look yummy!

 
Images by Freepik