Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 7, 2009

Tis the Season…

…for Christmas cookies!

My friend Mindy and I are getting together next week to do a Christmas Baking Day. We’re each making lists of our favorite Christmas goodies and then we plan to divide and conquer. When we’re done, I hope to have enough treats to make a plate for each of our neighbors and give Dave some to take in to share with his co-workers.

I’m planning on making some of our old favorites but I also want to try a few new recipes. I thought it’d be fun to share my list with you and see if you’ve got any “must try” goodies to add to my list.

Here’s what I’ll be making:

Seven Layer Bars Seven Layer Bars 

Peanut Butter Blossoms

Desserts - Hershey Kiss Cookie 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies
I don’t know the official name for these, I just made that up :) Basically you just spread peanut butter in between two Ritz crackers and dip them in chocolate. I could eat an entire batch in one sitting.

Desserts -- Ritz Cracker Treats 

Christmas Wreaths
An old favorite recipe from my mom

Desserts -- Cornflake Wreaths

Candy Cane Twists
I’ve never made these before but I think they’ll add some festive color to the tray.

Desserts -- Candy Cane Twists

Oreo Balls
I’ll never forget the day my cousin brought these to one of our family get-togethers. It was love at first bite. If you’ve never tried these before you must make them this Christmas! They are so yummy and E-A-S-Y.

Aren’t these penguins cah-ute? I’m sure mine won’t look this beautiful:
 

In fact, they’ll probably look more like this:

Desserts -- Oreo Truffle missing a bite

Is it bad to give your neighbor goodies that already have a bite taken out of them? ;)

Thin Mints
This is a new recipe that I hope will become a favorite – I was told they taste just like Girl Scouts Thin Mint cookies and that’s all I needed to hear. Plus they sound super easy!

Desserts -- Thin Mints

Did you notice a trend with most of these? Chocolate, peanut butter, and Ritz crackers. It’s a deadly combination. Jillian is going to have her work cut out for her come January 1st.

So that’s what’s on my Christmas Cookie Tray this year – what’s on yours?

All images courtesy of Google Images

11 comments:

Gina said...

I have never made christmas cookies but I want to try, can you share some of the recipies? I downloaded one for Pepermint bark that looked easy so i plan to try it! Good luck and happy baking!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Will you share the recipes for these?! :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

yum :) that sounds like mucho fun! I may have to crash your party :P jk, jk.
Jesse has been begging me to make oreo balls. I love those ritz cracker things too...they're really good w/ white chocolate as well...
Do you make your PB Blossoms w/ kisses or w/ choc. stars? Big controversy at our house. I'm a choc. stars girl, myself. Then they don't poke the roof of your mouth when you bite down on the whole thing.

Unknown said...

I will be doing that too! Our neighbors do so much for us!

I would like to know how to make the thin mints...

Heather said...

I want the thin mint recipe for sure! Sometimes we just make puppy chow for our neighbors- it's always a hit, PB,chocolate, powdered sugar why wouldn't it be? Then we put it in a festive baggie tied with a candy cane and the story of the candy cane. It's easy enough and my favorite! It's even more fun to make Christmas cookies now that Zoe can help me make them and decorate them, of course then we also have to share them with her

peter marie said...

What a good idea! All those cookies look amazing. Yes, oreo balls are amazing. I really want to try those thin mint ones too.

Be sure and post pics of the finished product!

H-Mama said...

MY lands! Looks yummy... and I just gained 5 lbs just lookin'! You know, with my 'swelling' reaction I get from 'less nutritious' food. ;)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Oh, I had totally forgotten about Christmas Wreaths! I love those gooey corn flakey cookies! I agree...we need recipes!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Wow, those all look great! I need to get my baking list together :)!

Michelle said...

ohmyword! yum!! i make most of those things too. I've never thought to have a friend over and split it up! sounds fun. hope you'll share your thin mint recipe!!!

i also make the Ritz cracker with chocolate...and could eat every.single.one! my favorite!

Kelly said...

Yummy!!! Looks like you have quite a list going on there! I normally do a ton of Christmas baking, but I've been trying to keep it to a minimum this year so I don't wear myself out :)

My MIL loves the ritz cookies...she dips hers in white chocolate! :)

 
Images by Freepik