Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 4, 2009

Photo Booth Friday #17

Every week when I’m trying to pick out a picture for Friday’s post I ask myself one question.

Why?

Why do I do Photo Booth Friday?

I am not a photographer.

I have to take eighteen…
005 
…million…
008
…pictures…
009
…before I can get even one halfway decent shot.
007
And even then, there’s always something not-quite-right about it.

I have several friends who take GORGEOUS pictures.

They have fancy SLR cameras with fifty bajillion megapixels.

I have a point and click camera with 3.2 megapixels.

They know how to edit a picture to make it look FANTASTIC.

I can barely figure out how to crop it.

So why? Why dedicate one post every week to taking pictures?

Because of this:872

And this:
007

And this:069
So I can remember the little moments, the everyday things that make up our life.

Am I going to win any awards for my picture?

Probably not.

Am I going to set up a photography studio in my basement?

Not a chance.

But twenty years from now, I am going to have pictures that will document our life.

I’ll remember what a cheesy grin Lily had…
 793

… and I’ll remember how she used to amaze us with her monkey like ability to pick things up with her feet…018 - Copy

How chubby her cheeks were…007 (4)
…and how cute she looked with her bow perched on top of her head, barely hanging by a strand of her fine blonde hair.
724
My pictures may not be perfect, but they are imperfectly beautiful.

So that’s why I do Photo Booth Friday – thanks for putting up with my sub-standard snapshots, and for not laughing…or at least not laughing in front of me :)

Happy Friday!

10 comments:

une autre mère said...

I think your photography skills are just perfect. I love seeing those beautiful pictures of Lily every wekk!

H-Mama said...

Are you kidding me? These pictures are precious.

Summer said...

Popping in to say hey... I'd seen your blog before, but I'm not one to comment on people's that I don't know (don't blog much, I just do it for fun!), so I never commented.
Well now I can since I 'know' you! :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

They are awesome pictures...and if I do say so myself, I LOVE Lily's sweater in the first pictures....
could you keep that back for me for maybe someday? maybe?
please?
OH and just because you have an SLR camera....does NOT mean you know how to work it. NOR does it mean that your baby will smile accordingly.

Amy said...

I love it! It is all about the memories not the perfection of the photo quality.
Blessings,
Amy

peter marie said...

Those pictures are all adorable! I especially love the "cheesy grin" one. Keep up the good-photo-booth-Friday-work!

Jamie said...

Love these pictures! I love that you take and post them even though you don't have a fancy schmancy camera.

Hey, I'm trying to take your button and put it on my blog, but I'm not succeeding. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I will keep trying.

Jamie said...

Oops...never mind that last comment. I figured it out. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I got it now.

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

My daughter is almost 4 and I still take millions of shots trying to get one that is "perfect." But you are absolutely right - looking back at all the "imperfect" shots really lets her personality shine through. You'll definitely cherish those more and more as the years go by!

Michelle said...

ohmygoodness! i wish i could reach thru the screen and give her little cheeks a squeeze!! she is SO sweet!! beautiful, beautiful blue eyes!

Oh, and i don't know what pictures you are referring to, these are adorable!!!!

have you heard of piknic? it is super easy and fun to play around in! you can do a lot of neat stuff for free.

 
Images by Freepik