Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 5, 2010

I Should Be…

…emptying the dishwasher…

…sweeping our {extremely dirty} floor…

…finishing up a book review that’s due TODAY…

…vacuuming the basement…

…cleaning up the mess Lily created at lunch…

…tidying the toys while the munchkin is asleep…

BUT INSTEAD I AM…

…sitting in the sun…

…enjoying the feeling of warm feet for the first time in MONTHS…

…thanking the Lord for the whisper of hope He has given me this week that spring is on it’s way…

*******

I’ll be back later with a book review {actually two} and a giveaway {two of those too}!

10 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

You do know that it's only 36 degrees, right?? ;)
It's okay....I am loving this sunshine.....and LOVING the sun earlier in the AM :)

une autre mère said...

You are doing what you should be doing - RELAXING in the SUN!!! Yay! Messy houses and book reports can wait. The sun cannot.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Katie -- actually it's 41 degrees here :) And it's more than that in my house which is where I am sitting by the window in the sun :) Did you actually think I was sitting outside? I may have cabin fever but I'm not crazy :)

Lisa said...

Yeah for sun! I actually took my advisement outside today for a walk. :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm so thankful for the sun. I hope it stays for awhile longer.

Valerie Plowman said...

Hi Amy! You are the lucky winner of the giveaway! Email me at valplowman@gmail.com to claim your prize!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

I say enjoy the sun while we have it! I also, spent time outside yesterday, and now I'm behind on everything...well, at least thats what I'm blaming it on :)!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Sun and warmth always distract me! We have been praying for Spring and now it's fun to change those requests into thanksgiving!!!

Jamie said...

I have been enjoying the sunshine here in my neck of the woods lately too! Hoping it is here to stay!

Michelle said...

the weather has been beautiful here the past few days. i hope we are having an early spring ;) i can't believe we set the clocks forward this weekend!

 
Images by Freepik